Fitting Chrome Petrol Cap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rocker4500
    Im looking into getting a chrome petrol cap for my 05 plate mini cooper. Just been down to the mini garage and asked about prices etc. Its about £75 for the cap and fittings etc. However to fit it it is going to be an additional £70!!! So i was wondering if anyone has ever fitted one of these themselfs, and if it is difficult etc?

Gary

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Sadly Gary, I just got mine fitted by MINI on my Purple Cooper <sob sob I miss that car...> and it cost £150 supplied and fitted.

I think there is a fitting guide on MINI2, maybe worth a search there..

rocker4500
    cheers i will have a wee search and see

Car
    Gary,

found these instructions.....

i used these instructions,

tools needed: -philips screwdriver -10mmsocket and spanner
    1...jack up the near side rear of the car and remove rear wheel
    2...remove inner wheel arch liner ease out the liner 3... undo the 2 retaining nuts on the fuel tank filler neck under the arch and firmly pull out of the existing fuel cap.
    4....open fuel flap and slide a thin plastic between the outer body of the car and the black plastic
    5. close the flap and carefully withdraw the old unit.
    6...repeat procedure in reverse to fit the new COOPER S cap.

Hope this helps. Best of luck

seems to be a straight forward job.

Quote Originally Posted by rocker4500 View Post
    Im looking into getting a chrome petrol cap for my 05 plate mini cooper. Just been down to the mini garage and asked about prices etc. Its about £75 for the cap and fittings etc. However to fit it it is going to be an additional £70!!! So i was wondering if anyone has ever fitted one of these themselfs, and if it is difficult etc?

Gary
    is that including having the ring sprayed black?

rocker4500
    Cheers craig, i will look into it and see. I phoned the guy at the garage and he said he could get me fitting instructions too. prob the same ones. Seems to be quiet straight forward yeah!

Yup that includes having it sprayed, its £5 for just the ring, £35 for it sprayed

Quote Originally Posted by rocker4500 View Post
    Yup that includes having it sprayed, its £5 for just the ring, £35 for it sprayed
    Yeah, I know it's a cheap part, I was just checking you weren't being ripped off as the parts for mine came to about £35

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Would be nice to see this added to the How To forums
    Maybe with some pictures etc

Car
    aye and there a a couple more (you know who you are ) who have done how to's but not posted them yet...

I would the dealer to do it.