R56 Aero Skirts

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Get the skirts, you know you want them.........

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by weefossy View Post
    Get the skirts, you know you want them.........
    Are you implying that I'm a transvestite now? I'm not coming out of the garage.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    Are you implying that I'm a transvestite now? I'm not coming out of the garage.
    I will even fit them up for you

Ever get the feeling you're being led astray...?

Ian, where do you reckon is the best place to acquire the skirts? (thinking of Dealer Prices but I'm going to check with my dealer anyway just to see what they'd quote to supply). Would it be better to have them 'Ready Painted' just to fit, or unpainted for your Paint Guy to sort out? I'm still unsure whether to go for Coded Arches, or just the skirts... might be best to try just the skirts first, as I can always colour-code at a later date. Could you get a rough idea of cost from the paint shop for Coding? Any advice appreciated as usual
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 13th October 2011 at 01:53 PM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    just do it elf man and why not contact are sponsor and get a nice discount i would suggest PM or phoning them tho if you phone mind and tell them that you are NMS to get your discount price
    New sig coming soon

Good idea Rob

I'm getting a quote tomorrow from Douglas Park MINI in Hamilton to supply a pair of (painted) Skirts - which oor Ian can help me fit! I get a discount from Park's as a 'good customer'!

Called sponsor Peter Vardy and was quoted 2 prices, £161 inc VAT per side for unpainted, and they also gave me another price of £218.00 per side which related to 'Car Colour' - which I presume is Painted. The lady said it wasn't too clear, but it would seem to make sense with the price difference.

Def going for the Skirts now, wherever I get them from!
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 13th October 2011 at 04:55 PM.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    Good idea Rob

I'm getting a quote tomorrow from Douglas Park MINI in Hamilton to supply a pair of (painted) Skirts - which oor Ian can help me fit! I get a discount from Park's as a 'good customer'!

Called sponsor Peter Vardy and was quoted 2 prices, £161 inc VAT per side for unpainted, and they also gave me another price of £218.00 per side which related to 'Car Colour' - which I presume is Painted. The lady said it wasn't too clear, but it would seem to make sense with the price difference.

Def going for the Skirts now, wherever I get them from!
    That's a great price for painted

SuperCooperS
    thats a great price.. is the £218 including VAT for painted?

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    good price i would speak to Ian tho about painting :)
    New sig coming soon

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCooperS View Post
    thats a great price.. is the £218 including VAT for painted?
    Yep but that's per side . Last time I remember someone getting a price for r56 skirts they were closer to £600