Finally got me a mini cooper s;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Welcome to NMSland

I agree with 'the boss' re your tyre problem as it sounds to me as if the tyre will need re seating on the alloy & that some debris is preventing a proper seal.
    Last edited by Gismo; 13th June 2008 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Was on Kwik-Fit website and right enough they do offer the service where if your air-con isnt working when they've doen their business, I dont need to pay!

Probably be a bit dearer than other places but the fact that if it is broken, then I wont have to pay a thing. So worth it I reckon.Phoning them at lunch time to see what the deal is and how long it would take.

Def no puddles under the car but it could have been empty when I bought the thing but I shall find out soon if its a leaky air-con.

Might even go on my lunch break or after work. Keep you posted!
    Many thanks,
    Liam

p.s. Anyone in the Dundee area ever went to chips-away to get their alloys refurbished?
    Many thanks,
    Liam

Quote Originally Posted by Burple View Post
    Nice one!
    What's the colour and spec? Keep your eyes open round Dundee for a Purple One! I'll wave back!
    Nice one! I will keep my eyes peeled for a purple one. Shouldn't be hard to notice as never seen a purple one on my travels as yet.

As for spec, not really much to tell as its just standard cooper s with chilli pack with the full leather seats and alarm... oh and one performance mod I added myself... (performance) Magic Tree "new car" smell which I feel has added at least 5bhp!
    Many thanks,
    Liam

Thats it booked into Kwik-Fit tomorrow morning. £44.95 but when I enquired about the fact that if that doesnt fix it I dont have too pay, the boy didnt seem too forthcoming with that deal.

But its on their website so they have to stick to it. I might be driving home nice and chilled tomorrow with any luck
    Many thanks,
    Liam

FergusM
    Seems a good price to get them to re-charge it. I would certainly think twice about letting them doing anything else however...

Just got the mini back and very very happy! Air-con is now def working

Its just a pitty the weather is that bad in Dundee today that I had to have the heaters on But I did test to make sure it working before I handed over money to them!

So for anyone else who needs theirs recharged it only costs £44.95 which is great but they have your car all day as they just fit it in between jobs. But for £45 squid I wasn't complaining.

Called one of the guys that advertises in the CarMart about getting my alloys refurbished. He comes to your house and has a van kitted out to spray in. He sand blasts them to get rid of all the scuffs and says they will look new. This is happening on the 1st or 2nd of next month so looking forward to see what they turn out like. £50 a wheel. That sound about right you reckon?
    Many thanks,
    Liam

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by liam.smart View Post

So for anyone else who needs theirs recharged it only costs £44.95 which is great but they have your car all day as they just fit it in between jobs. But for £45 squid I wasn't complaining.
    Liam, glad your happy and got your air con back - especially in time for the summer hot weather. But, if re-charging an air con unit is a procedure Kwik Fit advertise and charge for, I don't see why it has to be left "to fit in around other jobs". What their saying is your air con re-charge job is less important to them than Joe Blogs who wants a brake service or an exhaust change. Wouldn't have had that attitude with Tom Farmer at the helm.

Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by liam.smart View Post

Called one of the guys that advertises in the CarMart about getting my alloys refurbished. He comes to your house and has a van kitted out to spray in. He sand blasts them to get rid of all the scuffs and says they will look new. This is happening on the 1st or 2nd of next month so looking forward to see what they turn out like. £50 a wheel. That sound about right you reckon?
    I would say for a complete wheel re-furb that's not far wrong. The couple of time I've kerbed my alloys and Rimtek have fixed it, it has been about £30. But that has just been 1 dent/score, not the whole wheel needing re-furbed. And if he is anything like Rimtek down here in the Borders, your wheels should look brand new when it's done.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Glad to hear the air con is working Liam, like Andy though, if i was paying 45 quid for a job to be done i'd expect better service than that