Thinking about selling

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Julz
    quote:Originally posted by Big Col
    <blinks> How much bhp does the BBR give you Julz???? Sheesh! Wish I coulda seen the guy in the type-R's face as, when he's being overtaken, he looks to the right at the person overtaking him in a fat MINI and sees this wickle blond with her nose peeping over the steering wheel zinging by him.
    I've only got 220, but quite a whack of torque!! The guy had been racing me for weeks and I couldn't wait to blast him, he hasn't tried again since!!
    p.s., just stripy blonde (and orange), shortly to return back to stripy blonde and pink!!

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by macblob

Yeah did an online quote thingy with direct line this afternoon

£770 fully comp with a £150 excess. group 17 insurance hehehe
    Not toooooooooooo bad Brian for a young whipper snapper like yourself?

Did you drive it? I get a lift in one regularly and it really is a nice car. A bit stripped and noisy though in terms of the engine but then it is designed like that.

Never heard one rattle from the trim though, it seems very well put together.

Resident old yin.

Cant afford an S , was looking at a yr old type R with 8000 on the clock, for £13995.
    Cooper prices for 200bhp as standard......not made my mind up yet though , it all depends on what I can get for my cooper
    There is a guy on MINI2 selling a year old S for £13200 or something. He is down south and "may" be finding it difficult to sell as it doesn't have AC - neither does a Type-R though unless you pay a £1250 premium

macblob
    Thats not bad, im not arsed about air con as ive never had it and im definately not paying 700 quid or more for it lol.

I thought the insurance quote was pretty reasonable too, was pretty shocked actually, maybe its cause im 30 now :disapprove:

Still not sure what im going to do , might still end up just going for a new cooper again

Car
    Mini Cooper
    What a decision to make Brian ! The Civic Type R is my favourite car outside the Mini range. But no matter how I look at it I still want to stick with my Mini - hope you come to the same decision and we still see you on the runs . A standard Cooper is under £13K remember and a silly low insurance group and very low depreciation.

Resident old yin.

Still not sure what im going to do , might still end up just going for a new cooper again
    That sounds like a better plan :)

Wul
    MACBLOB - DO NOT BUY A CIVIC TYPE R!!

My mates has just sold one for the following reasons:

1. The noise inside the car is intolerable - road noise from the tyres, engine noise due to no sound proofing round the engine bay (designed this as KenL says).
    2. No traction control(not even an option) - 200bhp through the front tyres = eats tyres VERY quickly due to incessant wheelspin.
    3. Tyres - brdgestone potenza are the only option i think due to a funny sizing. Very expensive!
    4. Bellybuttons - everyone has them - how many silver type R's are there floating around - at least the MINI can be personalised.
    5. And finally - it has the gearstick from a citroen 2CV - it comes out the dashboard!!!

As willieM says the 04 build quality is a lot better - my car has a few tiny rattles - but compared to the 02 coop it is Chalk and cheese (touch wood!) and as for other problems - only time will tell, but the signs are good so far!

The mini has character - the type R doesn't - other considerations could be the focus ST170 or new ashtray GXI or pug 206 GTI or Clio 172 thingy - but again all these cars have no personaltiy against the MINI.

Or why not try for an 03/53 plate MCS - in a few months they'll all be in the same price range?

Steve74
    When I bought my MCS this year I looked at so many other cars - the Civic type R, Lotus Elise, VX220, Z4 and 3 series Coupe. None of the cars compared in drive to the MCS. I got back in my car last night after a few days in a Cooper and although that car handles well and is nice the MCS is just in a different leauge from the other cars. The Elise and VX220 were every fast and scray but too much of a crash bang wallop type of ride. The Z4 was really cool to look at and had a nice engine but no character in my opinion. Ok so you may have to live with some faults but I've been surprised at how my dealer has made up for the problems I had early on. The car now feels bullet proof!! There are good deals on the type R at Chathams but it does look like an MPV!! The mini is soooo much cooler! There's one in Top Marques (not mine borrowed it...) for £13,995 fully loaded with 15,000 miles in dark silver...

macblob
    Thats a not bad price Steve, I might need to look into some yr old mcs and see whats about.

Half the point of changing the cooper was so that id still be in warranty tlc etc, so dont want one more than a yr old otherwise ill be in the same situation again with a yr. Mind you if the build quality of the original cars hadnt been so suspect I would have been quite happy to hold on to my cooper for longer

Linda M
    BRIAN But then variety is the spice of life :clown: Good idea to have a look about at yr old mcs, take your time :) Mindyou I've only got Daisy til I've saved enough for an Aston Martin, might be a while though :clown: