Thinking about selling

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    macblob
    Thinking about getting rid of my wee coop......but what to buy?

Not to sure if im going to stick with the MINI due to loads of warranty work early on with the one ive got and lots of stories of continuing warranty issues even on 2004 build cars.
    If only BMW would get there fingers out and sort the silly wee niggly problems.

Actually found myself at a honda dealer today looking at a type R civic....... time will tell I suppose!

Julz
    Oh my good gracious NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I tell you NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, get an S, you won't regret it!!:)

macblob
    Cant afford an S , was looking at a yr old type R with 8000 on the clock, for £13995.
    Cooper prices for 200bhp as standard......not made my mind up yet though , it all depends on what I can get for my cooper

Resident old yin.
    Civic Type-R is a good car, extremely fast, doesn't have the personality of a MINI and not problem free.

My mate from work has one and has had no end of probs with tracking and it pulling to the right.

Have you had an insurance quote? They are group 18 or something scary.

macblob
    Yeah did an online quote thingy with direct line this afternoon

£770 fully comp with a £150 excess. group 17 insurance hehehe

Oh man, stick with whats best, MINI. The MINI has got it all when other cars are wrong on so many levels.

Monki
    SO FAR, SO GOOD, SO WHAT ??

minidriver#1
    quote:Originally posted by macblob

Thinking about getting rid of my wee coop......but what to buy?

Not to sure if im going to stick with the MINI due to loads of warranty work early on with the one ive got and lots of stories of continuing warranty issues even on 2004 build cars.
    If only BMW would get there fingers out and sort the silly wee niggly problems.

Actually found myself at a honda dealer today looking at a type R civic....... time will tell I suppose!
    i did the same thing today! lol. but stickin with the mini of course.

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by KenL

Civic Type-R is a good car, extremely fast
    Not against a mini with a BBR conversion though!! Proud momment of mine, overtaking a Type R as it was trying to race me!!

Mr Nice :-) & Sponsor
    <blinks> How much bhp does the BBR give you Julz???? Sheesh! Wish I coulda seen the guy in the type-R's face as, when he's being overtaken, he looks to the right at the person overtaking him in a fat MINI and sees this wickle blond with her nose peeping over the steering wheel zinging by him.

Sponsor & Jakey
    Whilst the MINI is still not quite fault free I know for certain that you would find a massive improvement over the earlier cars MacB. Stouffer was like night and day compared to our first MINI and I believe with Chunk, the build quality has even stepped up that little bit more.

It'd be worth having a word with Wul to get his take on his new '04 model compared to his last car.

Must say I do admire the Type R but in a word Brian, DON'T DO IT If you leave the MINI scene we'll track you down and give you a damn good slap :blackeye::blackeye:
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)