How much do you get for a tank?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

Hmmm - you're on sticky ground now i'm afraid!

The MINI warranty is for 3 years but the last year is conditional that the car is serviced at the recommended intervals BY A MINI DEALER. So if you've done loads of miles and not had it serviced you might not be able to get the fuel consumption problem looked at under the warranty - you may need to cough up for it!
    Not necessarily true Wul

The car could well be covered by TLC and there is no requirement to have the car serviced wvery year. In fact MINI will not service the car until the mileage thingy says so. So more than a year is not outwith the servicing terms and conds.

Linda M
    I haven't a clue I just keep filling it up :clown:

Mini Martyn
    I get about 250ish a week about 300 ish if on the motorway all day. (cooperS) :evil:

Scheckter MC
    I was getting about 280 from a full tank in my old Cooper before I was on fumes again. That was pretty much just in Aberdeen city, with little or no out of town fun.

Definitely getting less with the new S, although the OBC was offering a pleasing value when heading down the A90 to Ed last weekend.

euan
    I get 250 at best from my S. I thought it was bad, but if everybody elses is similar, it can't be all that bad. The Cooper was nearer 300, on a good day with a tail wind :)

Julz
    My goodness, you all need a decent conversion!! I get about 310ish for a full tank, and that's with thrashing the pants off BabyB and travelling the length and breadth of the Kingsway (62514589 roundabouts!!) twice a day, every bloomin' day!! Guy at work gets about 250 a tank, but most of his mileage is only short distances and the poor wee mini doesn't get to warm up!!

all sounds about right, seems the MINI is good on consumption, given the Spec of the cooper or S, its a fast car, fast engine,

Monki
    SO FAR, SO GOOD, SO WHAT ??

euan
    OK, my fuel bill is quite big and I think I've worked out why.

The car had been sitting for a week while I was waiting for my permit to come through and I got in it at the weekend for the first time. It smelt a bit funny but thought nothing of it. Then checked the fuel gauge - it read 1/4 full and the trip only had 134 miles on it! So, it's booked in as I think i have a small fuel leak. Will let you know, but would not take my consumption as too good right now.

bloocoop
    I get 24 to 29 mpg from my Cooper S depending on whether the old lead boots are on or not, only ever got 30mpg when running in! Mostly 30 minute journeys on fast country roads. Light comes on between 200 and 230 miles - thirsty boy!

Richard

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I calculated I got around 30+ MPG from the S on the St. Andrews Run, and that was back roads, Dual Carriageway and an 80MPH+ run back down the M/way.

On a good long run with mixed driving (including a few blasts) eg Lanarkshire to Mull, I used to get around 40MPG from the Cooper. Round town it was very low 30's if I was lucky.

Julz has it made I reckon - lucky Grrrrrllll! But not if she goes to bits of the Highlands where there's no High Octane stuff eh?

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!