How much do you get for a tank?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AberdeenMini
    I have only owned my Mini Cooper for a few months now and i have to say i am quite surprised at how poor the fuel consumption is, saying that i dont know what the norm is! How much do you guys get for a full tank and after how much miles does your warning light come on? My warning light comes on about 220, and i fill up at about 250.

Wul
    That sounds a bit low! When I had my coop i got an average of 300 miles till the red light came on - this was a mix of traffic jam driving and dual carriageway blasting! Was possible to get 350+ if going on a m/way run and not pushing it over 70!

Are you still running the car in? your consumption will improve over time in a new car as all the parts bed in!

Resident old yin.
    In my ONE I get about 310-320miles when the light comes on with mixed town/mway driving. So unless you are driving like a nutter all the time or always stuck in traffic that doesn't sound good.

The light comes on when you have 8litres left so that means you've used 42litres assuming you brim it between fills. In mpg terms that is only ~24mpg.

What you getting with your S Wul

Wul
    quote:Originally posted by KenL
    At the first fill up the range on the obc was quoting me 305ish!

It's heading for about the 280 mark before the light is gonna come on - will let you know when it happens - but not too concerened at the mo as we are still at the early run-in stage - the av mpg is telling me about 29mpg at present.

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by Wul

quote:Originally posted by KenL
    At the first fill up the range on the obc was quoting me 305ish!

It's heading for about the 280 mark before the light is gonna come on - will let you know when it happens - but not too concerened at the mo as we are still at the early run-in stage - the av mpg is telling me about 29mpg at present.
    That sounds pretty good Wul - no doubt it will plummet when you get past 1250 miles.

Wul
    You betcha!

seany
    about 300for the cooper and 250 for jcw cooper s

AberdeenMini
    quote:Originally posted by Wul
    Are you still running the car in? your consumption will improve over time in a new car as all the parts bed in!
    No the car is just over 2 years old and hasn't had a service for over a year

Wul
    Hmmm - you're on sticky ground now i'm afraid!

The MINI warranty is for 3 years but the last year is conditional that the car is serviced at the recommended intervals BY A MINI DEALER. So if you've done loads of miles and not had it serviced you might not be able to get the fuel consumption problem looked at under the warranty - you may need to cough up for it!

It does sound low unless you are hammering the car all the time! Perhaps you could brass neck it at the dealers and try and get them to look at it for free!

Car
    Mini Cooper
    I get around 300 out of a tank driving twisty country roads to & from work. bit less if driving hard, bit more if taking it easy. Long journeys not much different unless I stick to 50-60mph where it can do 350 on a tank.