How much do you get for a tank?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    I should add that the St A.'s backroad stuff was very gentle and I was running the car in and using 4,500RPM max. on the day.

Now that I'm about to use it properly, I'll probably get about 9MPG.... I've read the OVERALL AVERAGE for an S is supposed to be around 33MPG.

Figures still stand for the my Cooper though.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Hoooooolllyyyyy Shhheeeeeeeeettt!!!

On my way daan sarf last week, I filled up at Bullionfield BP (Dundee)...
    And made it right down to Donnington Services on a full tank.
    Granted, it was below the Quarter mark, but I reckon I had a good 10 -15 miles left before the red light came on...
    A grand total of 352 miles on the trip meter!!!!!

Most of that was about 70 - 75, with a few bits slower, and a couple of thrashy moments (Ford Focus?? Sucker!!!!! :blackeye:)
    Quite impressed with that, ta!!!

Sponsor & Jakey
    Drove down to Scarborough and back at the weekend. Drove in 'sensible mode'. Fair bit of Motorway cruising with a bit of fun thrown in on the twisty roads between Thirsk & Scarby

Returned an astonishing, wait for it..... 35.7mpg according to the trip computer. Travelled just under 600 miles all in. I'm well chuffed by the way :approve:
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

gcampbell
    My consumption varies quite a bit....

Around town usually about 250...(to and from work) but if any motorway or country driving is involved then usually sneeks past 300..