Milltek??

watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    Anybody ever fitted or had a Milltek exhaust fitted to their MINI...They seem quite expensive but maybe the only route for the R56 Cooper / One??

Whats folks opinions??

Andrew:)
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

Aberdeen Al
    I've got one fitted to my R53 MCS - had it on just over a fortnight. There was a Mini2 group buy - over 35 people bought for various Minis so ended up getting one for £317. Sounds great coupled with Janspeed manifold.

Ryan K will have one on his car soon so he can give you a comparison on a non 'S'

james@
    (this aint us doing a sales pitch btw as we dont sell them yet )

With millteck you get what you pay for, absolute quality weve just fitted on to bens demo cooper s for evaluation and the fit and finish is amazing not to mention the noise.

On a technical note millteck are one of the few to properly calculate the required back pressure needed, so that you do gain power and torque rather than just a sound system. Its easy to make an exhaust sound good its not easy to make a proper system that has been road tested and properly optimized for the car. Along with the fact they come with a lifetime warranty.

james

Forbes
    i am considering a new exhaust aswell as i think mine is just about done. not sure yet whether to go performance or not yet

Ben@
    There isn't that much in terms of "performance" to be be gained from fitting another system, the benefits are, as I have found, aesthetic and off course a much better sound. I was concerned initially that it could sound "chav" but it doesn't at all and is very well behaved under normal driving conditions.

The weight saved by it though is very worth while, and obviously if your planning any further future mods such as a manifold then this is a good start.

I don't think that the price of, particually a Millteck, is anything more than what an OEM would cost fitted by a dealer, and my local dealer even fitted mine for me :eyes up:

As James said we really wanted to properly test one out and so far I'm impressed. Obviously the lifetime warranty this is a huge bonus also because I know a couple of people have had their works ones replaced on more than one occasion.

Good luck whichever you choose

nylo
    Quote Originally Posted by james@ full on motor sport View Post
    (this aint us doing a sales pitch btw as we dont sell them yet )

With millteck you get what you pay for, absolute quality weve just fitted on to bens demo cooper s for evaluation and the fit and finish is amazing not to mention the noise.

On a technical note millteck are one of the few to properly calculate the required back pressure needed, so that you do gain power and torque rather than just a sound system. Its easy to make an exhaust sound good its not easy to make a proper system that has been road tested and properly optimized for the car. Along with the fact they come with a lifetime warranty.

james
    That;s quite good to hear actually, I wasn't aware of all of that

(I was the one who organised the GB over on mini2 by the way, and have to say I'm well chuffed with mine, it looks and sounds great! )

james@
    Millteck i rate among the best in general and best for the mini (im yet to try a quick silver but i intend to test a system on my cooper at some point, as i hear they are very good too, similar sound, same grade of stainless steel etc)

Ive tried a Janspeed on a cooper s and was also throughly impressed did'nt even drone to much when we hit 140 mph down the gt curcit at Bedford Atuodrome its just a pitty Carpisto dont make systems for the mini.
    Last edited by james@; 14th May 2008 at 04:42 PM.

The Dogfather
    Quote Originally Posted by james@ full on motor sport View Post
    its just a pitty Carpisto do make systems for the mini.
    I think Crombers might agree with me on this, the best sound I've heard on a MINI was a Larini exhaust. I had a Larini back box on my MX5, it sounded awesome.

james@
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedigree Chump View Post
    I think Crombers might agree with me on this, the best sound I've heard on a MINI was a Larini exhaust. I had a Larini back box on my MX5, it sounded awesome.
    they do sound awesome (imo) but they are usually very very very loud to loud for a lot of tracks ive heard best sound i heard was an exige with a full sports system running de-cat sounded like and f1 car.

I still rate carpisto as the best and for the mini Millteck, quicksilver and janspeed are years ahead of the others