My first detailing report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Aye OK it looks good but was it worth it?

at 60 mph having fun on a B road the before and after photos would look the same

Come back here BS and tell them

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Looks great! After many hours on Detailing World I take it.

I had been washing my car for years wrong……but have it cracked now although still hand polishing. The only thing missing was claying or cleansing the paintwork before you started polishing.

Also must be great I see your neighbour across the road has a mini as well, you pal I take it? Also noticed the garage I take it’s the usual newish build house garage that’s no good for actually putting a car in…..

I’d have added Blackfire sealant for the protection before the wax. I use the Blackfire stuff and it lasts for ages and Pete 53 wax on top just for the wet look. With the Sealant and wax washing it is so easy.

I'd add a foam stage as well.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart Robertson View Post
    Also must be great I see your neighbour across the road has a mini as well, you pal I take it?
    No.......that one's his as well:eyes up: Check out their avitar
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

The Dogfather
    Andy owns the whole street, he makes out to be a hard pressed cinema manager when actually he's a multi-millionaire property developer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    Andy owns the whole street, he makes out to be a hard pressed cinema manager when actually he's a multi-millionaire property developer.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart Robertson View Post
    Looks great! After many hours on Detailing World I take it.

I had been washing my car for years wrong……but have it cracked now although still hand polishing. The only thing missing was claying or cleansing the paintwork before you started polishing.

Also must be great I see your neighbour across the road has a mini as well, you pal I take it? Also noticed the garage I take it’s the usual newish build house garage that’s no good for actually putting a car in…..

I’d have added Blackfire sealant for the protection before the wax. I use the Blackfire stuff and it lasts for ages and Pete 53 wax on top just for the wet look. With the Sealant and wax washing it is so easy.

I'd add a foam stage as well.
    Cheers Stewart,

I joined Detailing World, and to be honest I think I've posted one question. Didn't get taken very seriously so haven't posted since. I've used it for a wee bit of information, but not much. Have to credit Ian King as my main source for detailing advice.

I did cleanse the car before polishing - used Atosmart Tardis. Did a great job of removing all the tree sap and tar deposits. Never been keen on the whole claying idea. Just seems too harsh to me.

As others have said, the Blue MINI is ours as well. The red MINI is actually our "classic". A MINI to hobby over, so to speak. And you're spot on, our garage is so narrow, we can't even fit the MINI in it and still expect to get out the doors. Ridiculous.:eyes up:

I may just look at using a sealant next time, after polishing, before waxing. Heard a few folk talk of the protection a sealant gives. And a foam applicator is on the cards. I think the conversation went something like this, ME: "Thinking of getting one of those foam guns for cleaning the car with". Lenore: "You gotta be sh*tt*ng me! Have you not spent enough on detailing cr@p recently?" She then shuffled off mumbling something under her breath about how it would have been cheaper to Diamondbrite two cars for the price of all the "cr@p" I've spent on detailing "sh*t".:eyes up:

Go figure.

Cheers,

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    I wish.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

If your going the sealant route then it has to jetseal109. I can't convey just how good this product is. Has been the best product I've bought and I've bought a few.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Yeah I had the strange idea of reading all about the good reviews on the jetseal and agreeing that it must be great then went and bought the Blackfire stuff.:eyes up: Mind you I cant complain I’ve redone the car last week and it beads like crazy just with the sealant and looks great, just got to get a nice dry day this week to give it a wash and add the wax.

Have to take a wee look at the Atosmart Tardis,
    Give it four or five weeks and add some sealant on it then next time add the wax again.