Mini ONE V's Fiat 500

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonS View Post
    The only thing that Fiats are quick at is rusting :0
    Maybe 20 years ago, but they will last as good as any car now.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Nonsense test!
    If they'd put a sporty Mini against the sporty Fiat, you kno who the winner would be. THey did the same with a Skoda Fabia vrs (the fastest one) a while back against a Cooper. If it was against the fastest mini, the S, the Skoda would be blown away. I don't understand this, they base these tests on the cost, but so many of the other tests they do they say screw the costs, we'll test these wo cars together even thos there's a big difference in in the prices..

to Fifth Gear, Long Live Top Gear!!

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Burple View Post
    Who also tested a Cooper against a Fabia VRS about 5 years ago

duncan
    Nonsense test!
    Very true.

You'll have a long time waiting for 1 "normal" car test, let alone 2 on TG though.

The Dogfather
    The Fiat tested isn't the sporty Abarth and its priced cheaper so it's a pretty good comparison. The Fabia VRS is actually cheaper than a Cooper so again a good comparison (the VRS isn't overtly sporty).

Car
    Mini Cooper S
    I've seen a few fiats around St Andrews n they look great...i would be very tempted to buy wan! ...so wot if they not as fast!...."my "t*ts" are still bigger than yer "knob!" :eyes up:
    Last edited by sedgie; 19th April 2008 at 10:02 PM.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Buffoon View Post
    The Fiat tested isn't the sporty Abarth and its priced cheaper so it's a pretty good comparison. The Fabia VRS is actually cheaper than a Cooper so again a good comparison (the VRS isn't overtly sporty).
    Oh I know that.. but it's the 'sportiest' in the Skoda range, While the Cooper isn't.. that's the point I was making..

..but seriously tho, if you were looking at a moderately sporty car in that price range.. would you seriously choose a Skoda over a Mini?

The Dogfather
    Oh I know that.. but it's the 'sportiest' in the Skoda range, While the Cooper isn't.. that's the point I was making..

..but seriously tho, if you were looking at a moderately sporty car in that price range.. would you seriously choose a Skoda over a Mini?
    Not really as I can afford the extra for a MINI and don't need the extra space, however having driven the Skoda its a good car with plenty of poke.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Just started seeing these on the road the last few days , don’t know why it taken so long I seen one in a dealers and really like the 500. Mini wins me over as I have a history with Mini’s but I know someone who had an original

Great looking small car that looks fun to drive.

And don’t tell me its not affecting Mini sales, shocking that Fairbairns is now on the radio advertising there Mini garage.
    Talking to the mechanic who has looked after my Honda and when I said Mini he just looked like I had said I’d just given that total stranger 10K for the fun of it. Seroisly over priced wee machines that they are.