Fitting glove box to mini with shelf?

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times but my mini didn't come with a glove box. Is it a simple matter of obtaining a glove box, rmnoving the shelf and fitting?

I tried to do a search for the topic but nothin of relevance came back.

Thanks for your help

Dan

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Sure is you can usually pick them up on ebay or you can get one from a dealer that sponsors the forum?

Just take the shelf unit out and replace it with glovebox, pretty much same fixings etc... i did mine myself and its still going strong so anyone can do it!

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

duncan
    Hi,

I did this a good few years ago to my old One which came with the shelf, rather than the Glovebox.

Its an easy install.

Look carefully at the wiring loom, as it contains the terminal block for the light. ISTR its wrapped into the main loom with some tape.