Lowering a R56 Cooper?

watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    Not really any major mods so:o

Does anyone have any advice on:

1. Any MINI approved parts that will lower the car? or is it all aftermarket stuff?

2. What springs should be bought? Costs?

3. Is there anyone in the Dundee area that will fit them, re align wheels etc..

4. Will my insurance premium sky rocket? and will MINI tear up my TLC!!

Plenty of queries to mull over...

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    1. there is the JCW suspension, however that doesn't lower it that much, and is quite expensive.

2. Eibach springs get a good name for the MINI and lower about 30mm. About £130

3. sorry not from that area, but if you can't find anyone, Pro Grip in Bonnybridge are very good and about £100 cheaper than a KDS and it is digital laser wheel alignment.

4. insurance, really depends who your with and your age. I think when I did it once my insurance went up 10%. As for TLC, not heard of any dealer not servicing your car under TLC because of springs.. there is a first time for everything tho..

hope this helps.. :)

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig & Jude View Post
    4. insurance, really depends who your with and your age. I think when I did it once my insurance went up 10%. As for TLC, not heard of any dealer not servicing your car under TLC because of springs.. there is a first time for everything tho..
    Perhaps our sponsoring dealer could post on how they see this

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    3. Falkland Performance?