URGENT URGENT URGENT HELP

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mini Martyn
    Where can I get new brake pabs for my 2003 MCS, looking for sports ones if possible!!??

Help!!????

minidriver#1
    hmmm, newminisport sell the EBC green stuff ones. also i think EBC do red stuff ones now for track usage. 2 day delivery i think.

I would suggest the same. or cool new

MOSS MINI

http://www.moss-mini.co.uk/ShowDetails.asp?id=355

SO FAR, SO GOOD, SO WHAT ??

broken_brian
    try and go for the one up from the green stuff as they are a bit on the soft side. i have the green stuff pads fitted to my car and i need to replace them already and they have only been on the car 6 months

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Christ Brian are you driving with your foot on the brake I had the green stuff ones on my XR2 for nearly 3 years. Had them on the Mondeho for over a year now and there nowhere near worn out :I Me thinks you had a dodgy set (or you drive like a loonie ) :approve:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Wul
    Or the pistons on his calipers have partially seized causing the brakes to bind - do you notice the wheels gettting a bit on the hot side after a run?

Wul
    Martyn - try calling around some of your local motor factors - you never know some of them may actually have a set of green stuff in stock!

Mini Martyn
    Bloody hell just phoned Mini it will be £90 plus VAT just for the front pads from them!!

Thanks for your help every one ive been on a couple of sites and they look to be between £40 - £50 ish.

Ill keep you posted. The good thing is my mum and dad are away for a week so i can drive their cars intill they are sorted.

Resident old yin.
    quote:Originally posted by Mini Martyn

Bloody hell just phoned Mini it will be £90 plus VAT just for the front pads from them!!
    You've got to be fekkin' jokin' :mad:

£105.75 for four brake pads :mad::mad::mad:

Think I'll be replacing the pads myself when required as by the time you add their rip-off labour charge it will not doubt be about £200 to replace one set of pads :disapprove:

Wul
    Ken - unless you time it with a service then you might get it for the parts cost alone - although that is still a RIP OFF! Go get some green stuff when the time comes!