Possible new forum

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    From what i can tell about actual galleries, which can be done, just requires a plug in, is that only actual pictures are posted and fully searchable via the gallery by the first initial of the username with the thumbnail shots then clicked to reveal the bigger picture.

A dedicated forum would allow folks to create a wee story showing the mods as they progress, but the pictures would have to be hosted elsewhere, like we do just now.

I'm not fussed really either way, i'm more interested in what the members would prefer :)

Alan, I think that is what AJ is on about having a dedicated section so members can right up on their cars and mods etc etc right through to when they sell them. So mines will be a nice wee short story.

The gallery is a whole different ball game not to be confused with what AJ is asking. Well that's how I understand it but I might be wrong as to what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Scotland View Post

A dedicated forum would allow folks to create a wee story showing the mods as they progress, but the pictures would have to be hosted elsewhere, like we do just now.

:)
    Cooper Coupe...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Buffoon View Post
    I'm with Andy, I think a proper gallery would be a better option rather than a quick fix. However if there's a choice between no gallery and a gallery forum, then a gallery forum would be ok, but perhaps people should be able to moderate their own thread so people can post questions etc, a bit like Wul had with the polishing forum.
    It's not feasible to make people mods of their own forum, we would end up with as many mods as users, but hey, we could allow the threads to have comments, it's not absolutely essential that we limit to only picturs from the user.
    If the option is taken to host the pictures elsewhere then it has little impact on the site

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieDoop View Post
    Alan, I think that is what AJ is on about having a dedicated section so members can right up on their cars and mods etc etc right through to when they sell them. So mines will be a nice wee short story.

The gallery is a whole different ball game not to be confused with what AJ is asking. Well that's how I understand it but I might be wrong as to what he wants.
    That's how i saw it as well, i just thought i could offer the gallery option at the same time :)
    Lets see what he says when he logs on

The Dogfather
    Alan, I thought it was possible for thread owners to have the power to mod their own thread without actually being a mod? We looked at something similar for the Trade Association Forums.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Alan, I thought it was possible for thread owners to have the power to mod their own thread without actually being a mod? We looked at something similar for the Trade Association Forums.
    Yes, it is possible to do that :) but, not sure i want to go down that road, we have moderators onboard that can take care of any pruning, besides, the original poster can edit his/her own posts

The Dogfather
    OK, you're the boss

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Posted from my phone, so forgive the formatting.

coming round to the idea of an actual forum for posting pics and showcasing mods etc. but would Suggest there would need to be some strict rules on posting and thread maintenance.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

The Dogfather
    Like no for sale posts

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Like no for sale posts
    No. Thats a given. What i mean is we need to come up with some strict rules on how a thread is structured, as in do we allow conversations in the thread after the initial post has gone up? Or should the thread be kept to just the owners posts? Also, the thread title should be descriptive of what the thread contains. E.g. "Hyper blue S. White roof." not: "here's pics of my mini" Would make it easier to find what your looking for.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto