Possible new forum

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    I was having a look at the vBulletin forums and it seems their is a option on v3.7 for a simple users gallery, which will probably do the job. But we are using V3.6. It's gonna be a scary task for any of us to upgrade to V3.7. But if that's what we need to do, I'm sure Alan will look at that.

A.
    I wasn't meaning the addition of an actual gallery as such, more of a forum where the each owner/car has it's own thread and you put your pics in your own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Scotland View Post

As for the how to to be included in the garage or gallery, as Craig has mentioned, there is already a how to forum, i would prefer that the two are seperated, fine the garage can show all your new mods etc, then a simple link to the how to forum
    That's basically what i mean.

vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by N12 JLK View Post
    a va-joiner
    va=Very Attentive????

Didnae think ye meant that

mark

Quote Originally Posted by AeroJonny View Post
    That's basically what i mean.
    AJ are talking like what they have on the bmw forums??

A members Journal section

http://www.bmwowner.com/forum/

It's actually very good I used them when I had my BMW to get ideas from.
    Cooper Coupe...

That's exactly what I'm getting at Fi, there's one on another forum I use which makes great reading! Thanks for providing an example!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieDoop View Post
    A members Journal section

http://www.bmwowner.com/forum/

It's actually very good I used them when I had my BMW to get ideas from.
    I can't access that Fi, i can see that there is a forum dedicated to a members journal, but, i can't access the page cause i'm no registered.
    So, is it just basically a forum with a dedicated thread for each member?

Quote Originally Posted by AeroJonny View Post
    That's exactly what I'm getting at Fi, there's one on another forum I use which makes great reading! Thanks for providing an example!
    Can you send me a link so that i can see what you're getting at??
    Note, i'm not gonna register on various sites just to see, so, hopefully the sites are not restricted

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Managed to have a look at Fi's link
    Ok, that just seems to be a forum where folks post up their motors and generally keep it updated, i did notice for sale threads as well as other off topic threads as well.
    That is an easy option to implement as the piccies are mostly hosted on the likes of photbucket and not on the actual forum site.

I'm more than happy to add a forum that follows that format, though, i would insist on no off topic stuff and only the original poster can post on his/her thread.
    Any additional posts will be deleted out to keep the forum on topic.
    Any queries or compliments could be PM'd and any "how to's" would have to be placed in the How To forum :) with a simple link if required.

Since this is a heavily requested topic i'm looking for some feedback if this is the format that will be acceptable to the majority :)

One thing to remember, the more folks post up their car(s) the more threads will be created the quicker threads will disappear off the 1st page and then it'll become more search intensive
    Last edited by Gismo; 4th April 2008 at 08:10 AM.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Scotland View Post
    Managed to have a look at Fi's link
    Ok, that just seems to be a forum where folks post up their motors and generally keep it updated, i did notice for sale threads as well as other off topic threads as well.
    That is an easy option to implement as the piccies are mostly hosted on the likes of photbucket and not on the actual forum site.

I'm more than happy to add a forum that follows that format, though, i would insist on no off topic stuff and only the original poster can post on his/her thread.
    Any additional posts will be deleted out to keep the forum on topic.
    Any queries or compliments could be PM'd and any "how to's" would have to be placed in the How To forum :) with a simple link if required.

Since this is a heavily requested topic i'm looking for some feedback if this is the format that will be acceptable to the majority :)

One thing to remember, the more folks post up their car(s) the more threads will be created the quicker threads will disappear off the 1st page and then it'll become more search intensive

Alan, I tend to think, for the reason above, a simple forum won't do what we're trying to achieve.

As much as it delays things for a short while, probably best to hold off until vBulletin is upgraded and the gallery facility is switched on.

If you start a new forum now, eventually you'll want to do a gallery and that will just mean folk putting their "pic page" up twice, it would end up with 2 half systems, instead of 1 good one. If I'm making sense.:o

A

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

I'm not bothered either way tbh.

from the other sites that I am a member of the "members journal" has been another section of the forum just like off topic and in there people start their own thread about their car.

Detailing the changes they have made etc etc and posting pictures along the way.

Myself, I don't think it would be a section that is going to have 100's of thread in it. Even if a 100 members started a thread about their own car that would be what 2 maybe 3 pages don't see it having that much of an impact tbh.

A gallery to me is just a place to park your pictures for folks to view.
    Cooper Coupe...

The Dogfather
    I'm with Andy, I think a proper gallery would be a better option rather than a quick fix. However if there's a choice between no gallery and a gallery forum, then a gallery forum would be ok, but perhaps people should be able to moderate their own thread so people can post questions etc, a bit like Wul had with the polishing forum.