Possible new forum

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    After hearing a lot of people talking about a new forum for the cars, can I suggest the nms garage?? We can all have threads dedicated to our cars and post wee updates and new photos as we change them.

Then we can post 'how to' guides of our mods in that forum.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Jonny, the "How To" forum has already been created for as it says How To guides to be added. I don't think we would want to confuse things with having another one within a different forum. Just my thoughts tho..

I am sure that Alan is looking into the possiblility of an NMS Garage as you call it, so that users can show off their pride and joy and also how the car may "evolve"....

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    I was having a look at the vBulletin forums and it seems their is a option on v3.7 for a simple users gallery, which will probably do the job. But we are using V3.6. It's gonna be a scary task for any of us to upgrade to V3.7. But if that's what we need to do, I'm sure Alan will look at that.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

The Dogfather
    Not sure it's too scary a task for someone who knows what they're doing but server space for all the photos might be an issue.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Trust me folks, a garage or gallery is something that i will be looking into in the very near future, that and some more smilies, Andy's fed up of this one
    It'll all be down to bandwidth and as soon as i see the figures and what is allowed compared to what we already have i'll make the decision then.

As for the how to to be included in the garage or gallery, as Craig has mentioned, there is already a how to forum, i would prefer that the two are seperated, fine the garage can show all your new mods etc, then a simple link to the how to forum

vintageb3
    I really can't see the need for a "garage' thread....but I'm willing to get into the spirit of things...and kick things off:

Here's my baby:

Can't wait to see to see your pics

mark

Your a great joiner Mark

N12 JLK
    a va-joiner

Quote Originally Posted by Craig & Jude View Post
    Jonny, the "How To" forum has already been created for as it says How To guides to be added. I don't think we would want to confuse things with having another one within a different forum. Just my thoughts tho..

I am sure that Alan is looking into the possiblility of an NMS Garage as you call it, so that users can show off their pride and joy and also how the car may "evolve"....

I know it has craig, that's exactly where I was saying the how to guides should be posted.

My thinking was that by adding a garage section and showing each new thing we do to our cars it would promote the use of the how to forum. So, post a new mod in the (forthcoming??) garage section for your car, then show the eager masses how you did it in the (existing) how to forum.

vintageb3
    OK OK!!!!...I admit i could have done a bit better sheeting the roofbut the framing is kinda OK .......maybe:( :o

mark