Sat Nav advice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    eddie 44
    Tom tom... easy to use.. never let me down yet.

colink
    Depends very much on your budget. If you can afford it, go for a fixed install one (e.g. Kenwood with motorised screen - see mikeythemini's website). They are far more reliable than the portable ones, they stay routed (even through tunnels) and seem to reroute a lot quicker too.

I have the Kenwood in mine and, back to back with a Tom Tom user on the Italian Job, found it MUCH more reliable and useful.

I got the Road Angel Navigator, mega bucks at the time, mainly because it had the speed cameras..........it's crap. Most of the time I get where I'm going before it finds the signal, or it gets me to within a mile or two, then locks up. Having seen other people use Tom Tom, it seems much better.
    Maybe it's just me being thick.:o

mikeythemini
    Have today seen a preview of a new Clarion model which comes out in about 4 weeks - very nice - even giving 3d pictures of the buildings
    http://www.clarion.com/gb/en/product...387297431.html

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    That looks a nice piece of kit Mikey.

Any idea what it's gonna retail at?

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I use the snooper indego and really like it.

you can borrow it for a trial if you want.
    Hi John,

With all the cost the car is causing it will be a we while before I am ready to buy a Sat nav.

Thanks for the offer though.

Paddy
    SO FAR, SO GOOD, SO WHAT ??

Quote Originally Posted by mikeythemini View Post
    Have today seen a preview of a new Clarion model which comes out in about 4 weeks - very nice - even giving 3d pictures of the buildings
    http://www.clarion.com/gb/en/product...387297431.html
    can I get a software upgrade to my Clarion to get the 3d buildings.???
    Cooper Coupe...

mikeythemini
    Think its gonna be 199
    Only 3 cities so far in 3d - London, Birmingham & ..... Edinburgh

mikeythemini
    Will ask about updates - was yours the 670?

Eggy7496
    I would absolute recommend getting the TOMTOM 720 Just got one the other day and its amazing! So impressed with it and also the bluetooth functionality with your mobile phone, top notch!

EJ