Advice Please

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig & Jude View Post
    I took off my run flats and put nromal tyres on about 2 weeks ago.

The problem I have is at about 50 miles per hour, I get a vibration thro the car which gets worse the faster you go. The wheels are the same and they got balanced etc when the tyres got put on.

I have also had the car back to get the 2 front tyres balanced again and this hasn't helped

Could the tracking be out? don't know how this has happened as I have changed wheels many times before and it hasn't put the tracking out and I havent hit any pot holes recently..

any thoughts welcome. :)
    Craig did this problem start after you hit your front wheel off the kerb
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    nope :o only after changing the tyres

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    if vibration is felt through car ,in general it is the rear tyre,s at fault.if through steering wheel it,s the front,s.have you had rear checked ??and have you changed rear,s to front and noticed any difference .
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    good call William, I only got the fronts checked. I will get the rears balanced again.

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    did u get this fixed craig??
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

Car
    yes and no.

put my 18's on and the problem went away, so I know the problem is with those tyres and wheels, so it is something to fix before the winter. think I will just get all the wheels balanced. :)

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    good good

Car
    MINI Clubman JCW / Nissan Pulsar GTiR / Volvo V40 D4 R Design
    One other point - when you had the wheels/tyres re-balanced, was it at the same tyre-fitters?

Try somewhere else and see if it makes a difference.

Steve