F1 on the Beeb

At last, after all this time, F1 returns to the BBC. Hurah!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/default.stm
    SO FAR, SO GOOD, SO WHAT ??

drb5374
    Excellent news!

No more adverts and hopefully they'll do the coverage in HD too!!!

Yes, excellent news:) :)
    Looks like the BBC have finally woken up to the increase in popularity of F1 and have come up with a package to keep Bernie happy.
    Stephen & Allyson

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    its brill news no more ads yeppie
    New sig coming soon

mini saltire
    Do you think they'll bring back "The Chain" Intro music????? OMG I am so excited!!

Please leave James Allen where he is and replace him with Murray Walker..... just for the first lap when he goes mad as your telly's volume is up full wack!! I can't wait!!!!!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Absolutely SUPERB news.

the add breaks were a complete pain in the backside and I am getting back into F1 after years of hating the "follow me" type of racing.

Good on them and thats at least something my licence fee is going towards that I actually want. :o

Yes "IT'S GO GO GO...." for the BBC for 2009, thank god( ok to use that word?) for that!!! NO more adverts.

The Chain is a must

Wannabe F1 test pilot Neil and Lorna's Avatar
    I'm a bit sceptical.

The BBC coverage as far as I can remember was shocking.
    I'm sure they went over to the race 5 mins before the start and 10 Mins after the end they were back covering other sports. Qualifying was only the highlights or snippets in the news.

Thought ITV are doing a good job except for the add breaks.
    But yes bring back The Chain and Murray.

Neil.
    Neil Lorna

MINI Countryman Cooper S All 4

duncan
    The BBC really needs a Sports Channel, for all this sports coverage.

The 6 Nations a few weeks ago meant 1 day had 3 games fully covered on the Saturday, and with the F1 on the Sunday for a few of those weekends, its wall to wall sport.

I've no problems with that kind of coverage, however, not everyone would like that level of sport.

I just wish they had spent a fraction of what they've paid for the Scottish football Internationals though.