Honest Opinions Only

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    miniscot00
    I'd be interested to know what the honest opinions of classic mini enthusiasts are of new MINIs coming along to meets and runs and viceversa - would they be happy coming along to new MINI meets?
    :question:

lightbody
    Every person has their own opinion! I'm a MINI owning Classic enthusiast so can see both sides!

They are seriously different vehicles and tend to be driven by completely different types of people.

I'd think Mini owners would love to come to a MINI event to show you that their cars are smaller and nipper than our huge goliaths!

Sponsor & Jakey
    I've attended a couple of 'mixed' meets this year and have to say that I (+ my MINI) have been made most welcome. Sure there's a bit of banter (as lightbody alluded to) but I've found the majority of mini folks have a genuine interest in the MINI. A few of the folks I met are thinking on buying a MINI too.

I've always loved the mini myself, although sadly never owned one, and I think it would be good to see some runs or events that combined both MINI and mini.
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

miniscot00
    I've found that the majority of MINI owners have a love for the classic mini and many are former owners (some still are) however I don't find that this is always reciprocated. On several occasions I have heard of MINI drivers acknowledging classic drivers on the road only to be given the finger or similar gesture. There really is no neeeeeed!

Linda M
    I have NO problem with mixed MINI/mini meets :)

macblob
    Mixed meets are a good thing!!

Ive owned a classic mini , all be it just for a yr, until the rust took hold big time:disapprove:

The main reason i was interested in buying a MINI was due to the love of the classic.
    Might have something to do with why i ordered my MINI 4 days after there release

Thistle Run was a good example of a good humoured mixed meeting i thought altough im new to this

Well how about this train of thought...

Co back to the mini hay day.. Were the classic minis all thrashed and driven hard?? waas tehre a doubt as to the place in the market that the mini would fill?????

I think so .. The New Mini is a Very nice car as is the Classic Mini

As a Mutual owner of 1961 Classic VAN and a New Mini I love the difference between them, The mini Name living on a joy as the Majority of people, (If not all) have Owned or have a story about a mini..
    This means that Next geneeration Will also have stories on minis....

WEll that is My train of thought as a classic and a new owner...

Cheers Brian

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Brian, are you trying to get your post count up with all these double posts???

Bonnie Scotland

Tahra
    Like Macblob, I was probably only interested in the new MINI since Id owned a classic Mini City as my first car - and you never forget your first ! I also did a lot of growing up sitting in the back of my Dad's assorted Minis.
    I would really like to go to a combined meet just because I never went to one when I had Cedric... and one day I will have an original Cooper. Walnut dash, external door hinges, split windows, racing catches cant wait ! Unfortunately might take a while......

macblob
    Tahra, Scottish Mini Weekend is on aug 9th and 10th
    at Scone Palace Park , Perth
    Should be a good laugh. Im thinking of going to it, as i would imagine a good few from NMS are.
    Theres details on www.caledonianminiclub.com

Cheers Brian

Ps. Is anyone else going???

I think its 5 quid entry and u can camp over on saturday night :)