AutoGlym V Meguiars

Harry Fairbairn Sponsor
    What is best?

I have been a faithful user of all products AutoGlym for years but i am considering switching over to Meguiars as the product range is vast and Meguiars seems to be the cleaning product of all things Car Show.

I am particularly interested in the Meguiars Detailing Clay and some of the polishes.

Is anybody using Meguiars on here?

Sweeney
    Super resin polish is top notch stuff for filling light scratches etc, meguiars waxes are a bit better but you can get much better stuff than both of them.

I prefer meguiars over autoglyms personally

Harry Fairbairn Sponsor
    I currently use the Super Resin Polish and back it up with the Gloss Preserver...

I think i will give the Meguiars a try

Sweeney
    The clay is just like any other, you get different "strength" depending how hard or soft you want it to be the meguiars is a bit soft so brakes up and isnt as tough as others at removing stuff off the paint.

A good thing would be to try the 3 step meguiars process, claying the paint before first obviously as that will give best results.

Harry Fairbairn Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney View Post
    The clay is just like any other, you get different "strength" depending how hard or soft you want it to be the meguiars is a bit soft so brakes up and isnt as tough as others at removing stuff off the paint.

A good thing would be to try the 3 step meguiars process, claying the paint before first obviously as that will give best results.
    Cool... Thanks for that

Sweeney
    Word of warning though, once you start trying loads of different ones, youll soon see the bank balance going down, id try use up anything you have before buying new lol

Theres a handful of brilliant UK based websites for lots of gear too at decent prices

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I use Autoglym SRP, and the bodywork shampoo conditioner.

the rest of my stuff is a mixture of makes, but NONE are Meguiars as I think it is over-priced for what you get.

just spent 4 hours on my car today and It's looking MUCH better..

Resident old yin.
    AG products are OK but they are really bad for staining black plastic trim in my experience.

I don't like Meguiars products, much better stuff out there.

The Bull
    This is the place for advice on products or pretty much anything to do with detailing.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum