Milltek Exhaust System - 175 bhp to 202 bhp!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggy7496 View Post
    I got your PM thanks very much, you guys have been brilliant, helped clear up many things. Roughly how much were you for your system Craig?

EJ

I paid £350 for it fitted and it was on the car for only 6 weeks. Nothing wrong with the exhaust, just problems with my car and it had to go... :)

If interested, PM me and we can talk details

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Nice custom system Craig and it sounds good too, which is 80% of the FUN -
    go for it Eggy!!!!

As for the Milltek - 25bhp just from a system? @RSE BISCUITS!!!! If they got that increase, the standard one must have had two spuds stuck up it! "ZORST-U-LIKE" anybody? You'd MAYBE get something approaching that figure if you got into a Manifiold and/or sports Cat/replacement downpipe and a remap with the system. As Andy said, the R56 is definately putting out a lot more than the 'official' 175bhp. The Milltek's probably worth about 8bhp in real life.
    Last edited by ELFMAN; 27th February 2008 at 10:12 AM.

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

The Dogfather
    Quote Originally Posted by ELFMAN View Post
    The Milltek's probably worth about 8bhp in real life.
    I reckon you're spot on with that, that's how much Larini claim for the system I have on my 5

drb5374
    Turbo'd cars can GREATLY improve with an aftermarket system.

Catalysts drain so much power.....way more than an N/A car.

I wouldn't quite hope for 25hp from a S/S system on the S, but i doubt it's as low as 10hp.

Eggy7496
    Ive been doing some more research into this and apparently the R56 Cooper S std system is very very restrictive. I was being told some technical jargon stuff by the man from turriff tyres when i was enquiring about powerflow system and he basically mentioned that the cat used in the milltek one is the nuts!

I say i get it, then take yous for a spin to see what it can do!! lol.

EJ

FergusM
    That is not what I had read on mini2.... Roland from GTT believed the standard exhaust ws good for up to 300bhp...he believed the issue is the restrictive cat. So not sure you'll get much from the exhaust, apart from sounding much better.

Also, remember some turbo cars need back pressure to get turbo to work correctly, sometime too little can cause drops in power.

Eggy7496
    Surely Milltek cant say that it takes it to over 200 bhp if it didnt, aint that false advertising?? Any 200 bhp mini is a weapon in my opinion, i think this is just another way of getting to the 200 bhp mark without having to fork out for the works kit, mind u the milltek system aint cheap.

EJ

The Dogfather
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggy7496 View Post
    Surely Milltek cant say that it takes it to over 200 bhp if it didnt, aint that false advertising?? Any 200 bhp mini is a weapon in my opinion, i think this is just another way of getting to the 200 bhp mark without having to fork out for the works kit, mind u the milltek system aint cheap.

EJ
    No, what people are saying yes the Miltek car produces 200+ but most of that is because a standard car puts out 190+ not 175 MINI claim. You can spend what craig did on his and get nearly the same.

The Dogfather
    Eggy, they never actually tested the car before they put the exhaust on. BMW claim it only has 175bhp and thats what Miltek claim the standard car has. However in reality a standard car is producing closer to 190 if not more. So their claim that the exhaust gave 28bhp is misleading.