How To: R56 Mudflap fitting guide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    markyc
    Part of the Mini Pit Stop Crew (me and Craig!!) fitted front mudflaps to my new R56 today and we thought it might be a good idea to put on a wee guide (Haynes Manual style!!) for others to follow when they are fitting theirs :approve: Thought it was going to be fairly daunting but in the end it was very easy indeed and a superb fit :approve: (First pic is on the opposite side of the car from the others :I:clown:)

Take wheel off and offer mudflap to bodywork (it's a nice snug fit) and make two holes through the wheel arch covering with a bradawl or very small sharp screwdriver

Prize the edge of the wheel arch covering out and fit the two clips on the wheel arch covering. You need to cut a wee bit of the wheel arch covering 'fold over' off with a sharp knife to fit the lower clip. There is already a cut out for the top clip

Once the two clips are fitted refit the wheel arch cover

Take out the small plastic screw on the underside of the bodywork next to the wheel arch making sure the plastic gromet comes out as well. Remove the covering on the 'sticky strip' on the mudflap and offer the mudflap to the bodywork again. Fit the two screws through the metal clips and tighten up (watching not to overtighten !!). Fit the new plastic plug underneath the bodywork and fit the three clips that fit over the mudflap and inside of the plastic wheel arch

Refit wheel, stand back and admire :approve::approve:

Took us about 15mins per side Enjoy !!

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    I've moved this thread to it's nice new home in the new How To forum.

I think it probably is appropriate to allow discussions regarding the How To posted above, so have unlocked the thread.

A.
    Last edited by AndyP & Lenore; 29th March 2008 at 01:34 AM.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

jaffamaster
    Links and prices to these part would be helpfull

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffamaster View Post
    Links and prices to these part would be helpfull
    If you contact David at John Clarks in Dundee he can help with that (JC Parts Dept is his user name) although the front mud flaps are very cheap, less than £10 for the pair if memory serves me right.

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Top blokes those Pit Crew guys

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    JC Parts Forum

you can give me a shout in this section if you need any parts/prices

For the Front mudflaps, i can do it for you for £10 inc vat and discount and posted to you

Smitty
    Cheers lads....that guide will do nicely for fitting mine in the coming week! Very similar procedure for the R50 I'm guessing?

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Cheers lads....that guide will do nicely for fitting mine in the coming week! Very similar procedure for the R50 I'm guessing?
    Eh, well no actually. Completely different fittings.

Much simplier with the R50. Just 1 screw and 1 pop rivet from memory...

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    yeah with the R50 its easier as they dont have the carpeted arches so there is no cutting or pushing through to make a wee hole.

Smitty
    Excellent, makes my job a whole load easier then!