Brake Pads R56

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post

He was quoted lots and lots of pennies by a dealer to fit them so I said I will take a look at it at the weekend for him.
    How much did the dealer want? Did they want to change the discs as well as the pads?

How many miles has it done?

Ta.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Think its done about 30k and dealer wanted about £250. I would like to think this price included discs but not sure. Wouldnt think it would need discs at 30k.

Resident old yin.
    Think its done about 30k and dealer wanted about £250. I would like to think this price included discs but not sure. Wouldnt think it would need discs at 30k.
    I think dealers are at it by insisting that discs need replaced at the same time as pads:(

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    It's a typical BMW ploy, they measure the width of the disk and if it falls below THEIR recommended size they advise a replacement.
    Sad thing is it would be difficult to obtain a warranty repair if you didn't take their advice

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Slightly off topic but how did you get on Alan with your M3 brakes/wheel alignment bill..
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    My neighbour isnt over worried about warranty as he had to fork out nearly £1000 the other month for a new clutch. BMW would not honour it for him as he is a driving instructor. He tried to tell them that he doesnt allow students to ride the clutch as he takes over with the dual controls but they just said no.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    My neighbour isnt over worried about warranty as he had to fork out nearly £1000 the other month for a new clutch. BMW would not honour it for him as he is a driving instructor. He tried to tell them that he doesnt allow students to ride the clutch as he takes over with the dual controls but they just said no.
    BMW/MINI humping the loyal customer once again... :(

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    Slightly off topic but how did you get on Alan with your M3 brakes/wheel alignment bill..
    Very much off topic, but it's here

Car
    I fitted the Pads and the sensor for my neighbour on Sunday. Its an absolute doddle. I cant believe the dealers want to charge so much for it.
    I had it all done in just over an hour and that included giving the wheels a damn good cleaning when they were off.

We should start a DIY section on here and folk can put up instructions on things and save everyone money.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I fitted the Pads and the sensor for my neighbour on Sunday. Its an absolute doddle. I cant believe the dealers want to charge so much for it.
    I had it all done in just over an hour and that included giving the wheels a damn good cleaning when they were off.

We should start a DIY section on here and folk can put up instructions on things and save everyone money.
    aye, but your mate would still have had your bill to pay...

Good idea though re the DIY section, maybe a part of the mods faults and fixes forum..