JCW conversion run in time ????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Linda M
    Can anyone tell me if there's a run in time for the JCW conversion ?
    I'm getting a shot in a JCW S conversion in 2 weeks but was just wondering :)

lightbody
    Is it a dealer car, or a friends car?

If its a dealer car, I wouldn't worry about it!

Can I have a shot too please?!?!

I love the fact that the Works is MORE economical than the S - thats superb - thats a proper upgrade!!

Linda M
    I'm not worried about the dealers car :evil:
    I was just sitting wondering if the conversion needs to be run in because I haven't read anything regarding this.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Ok, my tuppence worth.
    As a time served motor mechanic my advice would be (Not BMW or JCW). Any time a cylinder head is removed a certain run in period should be endured to allow the gasket, the new valve stem seals and any other moving part to "bed" in, this applying to a converted car.

As for running in as per the BMW manual, this would only apply to a brand new car, however a previously run in car that is converted would not really need the same period, but, a sensible amount of revving the engine should be excercised.

If you are seeking a definitive answer you would really have to talk directly to BMW and JCW to maintain the vehicles warranty.

So, when are you ordering it, as if i didn't know, 12 days and counting or when Willie's in Ireland

Bonnie Scotland

Sponsor & Jakey
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

So, when are you ordering it, as if i didn't know, 12 days and counting or when Willie's in Ireland
    OH Chri*t Maybe I better stay at home....
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Fontal
    Either that or take the phone and modem with you.

Julz
    And Linda, please remember, I DON'T WANT TO KNOW how wonderful the JCW conversion is, cause not all of us are minted!!:dead::clown::I

Sponsor & Jakey
    Ah but Julz.... you could always cancel the wedding & honeymoon and invest the proceeds on BabyB
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by Julz

And Linda, please remember, I DON'T WANT TO KNOW how wonderful the JCW conversion is, cause not all of us are minted!!:dead::clown::I
    Go for the equally as good hartge then :evil: I believe Grassicks will be performing this conversion.
    Could be done while your in your rearranged 2 day caravan honeymoon in sunny Oban :evil:

Bonnie Scotland

Linda M
    Who says I'm getting anything done I was just wondering !!
    Thank you for your very knowledgeable reply Alan :)
    That's probably just the way I'd do it 'IF' I was getting it done. Everyone knows how well I look after Daisy anyway :)