15" Tyres

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lightbody
    And today's shocking news is.... that the MINI Dealer's quote for tyres is the cheapest I can find at £49 each inc. fitting! Woo hoo! I also presume they'll know how to jack it up without bending it and how not to scratch the wheels!

- Rob (Happy punter)

Resident old yin.
    That's good news Rob.

Are you getting the standard 175/65/15 tyres and are they Pirelli/Dunlop or something else?

Does your dealer do it themselves then or farm it out to a local tyre fitter?

lightbody
    Standard tyres - Dunlop SP200 - which are hard to find in ordinary places in that size. As fitted at the factory.

The dealer does them I think (Henry Bros Glasgow) - they are "squeezing me in" tomorrow.

Resident old yin.
    Rob,

I've got the Dunlops and they seem pretty good to me. They're wearing well too.

I was curious as to whether you'd gone up to 185 or 195 as I'd heard that tyres in those sizes were cheaper and more available. £49 each is very good though. So glad I don't have 17" runflats !!!

Monsta Mo Mini
    quote:Originally posted by KenL
    So glad I don't have 17" runflats !!!
    Doh! - thankfully mine seem to be wearing very well and that's me at 12,000miles - can't be driving it hard enough then

Julz
    I have been officially told (and seen!) that 19's fit a mini rather nicely, so mine shall be on order within the next few days hopefully!
    As for BabyB, I'm hoping her new look will be in place for the Perthshire run (got to get this bloody wedding thing out the way first!!)
    I'd recommend performancealloys.com for alloys and tyres!!!

lightbody
    ... and they hoovered it inside thoroughly too!!

:-D

Woz
    quote:Originally posted by Julz

I have been officially told (and seen!) that 19's fit a mini rather nicely, so mine shall be on order within the next few days hopefully!
    As for BabyB, I'm hoping her new look will be in place for the Perthshire run (got to get this bloody wedding thing out the way first!!)
    I'd recommend performancealloys.com for alloys and tyres!!!
    At least tires should be cheap. Just a quick visit to the corner shop for elastic bands every few weeks

What tire size do 19s need, 205*15?