15" Tyres

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lightbody
    My front tyres are worn out (after 16000 miles). They're standard 175/65x15 Dunlop SP 200s (I think!).

I'm trying to decide whether to change all 4 tyres for wider 195/60x15s instead but am not sure if this will spoil the car for me or not!

AGAINST:- I like the feeling of it being "light on its feet" and nimble, I like the ride comfort and quietness of the standard tyres and I like that its difficult to kerb them and that that they DO have limits I can reach without killing myself!

FOR:- They don't exactly offer the ultimate in grip levels and look really skinny too!

What should I do??

If i could find a set of White 16" wheels & tyres I'd swap and see how I got on...

Monsta Mo Mini
    I'd go up to the 16s Rob. I think they look much better, fill the arches more and you've got the extra grip.

PS - Are you coming along on Sunday?

lightbody
    I can't come on Sunday, unfortunately, due to doing too much stuff for my other Mini-life tonight and tomorrow! I can't spend the entire weekend doing mini stuff - not this weekend at least!!

Resident old yin.
    Rob,

What did you decide to do with your tyres?

Cheers, KenL

lightbody
    Going to stick with the 15s... when I can find them! I have no money... Also, 17,000 miles on the original tyres while driving very, very hard at times isnt bad at all!

Also I have a theory that I would kill myself with 16s, the 15s slide nicely around corners which usually warns me to slow down a bit... I think the 16s would hang on just that bit longer...

Julz
    quote:Originally posted by lightbody

Also I have a theory that I would kill myself with 16s
    Mmmm, I'm thinking of getting a set of 19's so I've had it then!!

lightbody
    19s is just crazy! The original Mini handled a treat on 10" wheels!

Mind you with 19" wheels, the car may look small...

Julz
    Ah, but the 19's are just a part of my little plan!!

Linda M
    quote:Originally posted by Julz

Ah, but the 19's are just a part of my little plan!!
    Building a tractor are you Julz?
    Seriously though. I dunno if anyone has fitted 19's to a MINI

knaone
    i am sure i saw a mini with 19s, it got planted into a motorway barrier?! :dead:

I know a mini will take 18s no bother but 19s may be a bit of a tight fit may need some mechanic with a BIG hammer to try and get them in? i dunno, so if they don't need this lemme know :sleepy: