An Off topic Off topic and Banter board

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieCoop View Post
    did anyone watch Road Rage on BB1 tonight.

oop's sorry off topic.
    I saw it, amazing stuff, can't believe how bad many cyclists in London were, and, as for that twat in the big bus who drove his kids 400 yards to school.............

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Scotland View Post
    I saw it, amazing stuff, can't believe how bad many cyclists in London were, and, as for that twat in the big bus who drove his kids 400 yards to school.............
    I worry about these guys on the bikes shooting the red lights and stuff.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Erm nope the OT&B threads are exactly that, they always go off topic, but, they generally follow a certain pattern, however, if the original poster wants it to stay on topic then they should mention it in the intial post or ask for the offending posts to be removed :)
    Well, I have to admit, that's the first I've heard of that. I am even absolutely convinced, in the past when someone questions being pulled up for going off (original) topic, you have said that even in off-topic forum, threads should remain on the original topic.

I always understood it to be the original topic that was deemed as the "off topic" bit. The continuing thread should then (as best as possible) follow that (off) topic.

However, I stand corrected, and will in future allow complete free ramblings within all OT&B threads, unless the original poster requests otherwise.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    Alan, please accept my apologies.... It wasn't your post that I was sure I had read in the past regarding staying on-topic in the off-topic forums. It was Gaj's:

Quote Originally Posted by GAJ View Post
    Nope - I didn't delete anything. 'Off topic and banter' is what it says on the tin, but each thread should really remain focussed on the subject that the originator intended. But I'm sure everyone knows that really!
    The above post was in the Young Drivers Curfew thread. I'm really not trying to pick a fight with anyone here, I am just trying to keep to the rules, as I saw them.

So I guess the subject is back for feedback from Gaj or MMM?????

A.

duncan
    Fair enough, Andy, its something that needs clarified.

however, I'd give it more than 20 minutes before you tell everyone to go back on topic.

You never know, that might just happen in its own course anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Alan, please accept my apologies.... It wasn't your post that I was sure I had read in the past regarding staying on-topic in the off-topic forums. It was Gaj's:

The above post was in the Young Drivers Curfew thread. I'm really not trying to pick a fight with anyone here, I am just trying to keep to the rules, as I saw them.

So I guess the subject is back for feedback from Gaj or MMM?????

A.

How long did it take for you to search for that one out.
    Cooper Coupe...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Exactly what i was thinking

Car
    Exactly what i was thinking
    About 2 mins. And really it was just to satisfy myself that I wasn't going mad and imagining things.

A.

The Dogfather
    Yes, but how are you going to explain the voices in your head?

monsta mo mini admin
    As BS mentioned - OT&B threads can go anywhere they like. The main forums are ideally used as an information resource by interested parties so remaining on topic is beneficial to all. For anyone using the OT&B as an information resource - everything printed in The Sun is true and you must send me all your money

Sorry Andy