An Off topic Off topic and Banter board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    duncan
    Can we have a new "Off Topic Off Topic and Banter board", so we can actually have threads that can go off topic?

Its becoming a tad boring with all these "keep On topic in the Off Topic board" reminders

The Dogfather
    Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    Can we have a new "Off Topic Off Topic and Banter board", so we can actually have threads that can go off topic?

Its becoming a tad boring with all these "keep On topic in the Off Topic board" reminders
    I also thought the rule was, off topic was off topic it could go anywhere that's part of the fun. Come on refs what does the rule book say.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Buffoon View Post
    I also thought the rule was, off topic was off topic it could go anywhere that's part of the fun. Come on refs what does the rule book say.
    My understanding is that all threads should remain reasonably within the original posters topic, even in the off-topic forum.

If I am incorrect in this, I'd be happy for Gaj or MMM to correct me and I will refrain from further outbursts. Honest!

As much as it may seem like I do, I really don't jump onto the first off-topic post and delete/amend/moan. Honest! I usually wait until the thread conversation has drifted before I say anything, and when I do I try to be as polite as I can. Honest - again!

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

The Dogfather
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    My understanding is that all threads should remain reasonably within the original posters topic, even in the off-topic forum.

If I am incorrect in this, I'd be happy for Gaj or MMM to correct me and I will refrain from further outbursts. Honest!

As much as it may seem like I do, I really don't jump onto the first off-topic post and delete/amend/moan. Honest! I usually wait until the thread conversation has drifted before I say anything, and when I do I try to be as polite as I can. Honest - again!

A.
    Andy, this isn't a dig. The old way was anything went in OTB, and that's the way I like it. The OTB is good because a thread will ramble along then all of a sudden it would get life and bomb along until everyone got bored. I understand pulling things back in other forums, but we demand our right to roam (ramble) in the OTB.

If the original poster has a problem with this they can always mention it at the start of the thread.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Buffoon View Post
    Andy, this isn't a dig. The old way was anything went in OTB, and that's the way I like it. The OTB is good because a thread will ramble along then all of a sudden it would get life and bomb along until everyone got bored. I understand pulling things back in other forums, but we demand our right to roam (ramble) in the OTB.

If the original poster has a problem with this they can always mention it at the start of the thread.
    Hey, I'll go with the flow. My understanding has always been that OTaB threads still need moderated to keep them within the topic subject. I'm pretty sure BS goes by that rule too.

Looks like we need guidance from one of the Admins!

MMM - There's decent in the ranks! HELP!!!!

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

did anyone watch Road Rage on BB1 tonight.

oop's sorry off topic.

Just keep modding Andy don't think anyone is that bothered
    Cooper Coupe...

The Dogfather
    Andy, we know you'll go with the flow, but it's worth a debate. You can be Master debater if you wish?

duncan
    I just don't see the point of an Off Topic board, if you can't go "Off Topic"

The "Topic" is the New MINI, and anything else isn't about the New MINI, and therefore "Off Topic" should go there.

However - in this case - its the Off Topic & Banter board.

This indicates a major difference to than just purely non New MINI threads. Its Banter. Even the description says "General Banter, Jokes and Piss Taking"

Unless you want to add a new section for General Motoring - which I don't think is a good idea - this is a New MINI website first and foremost - then threads about different cars will attract "Banter" which may be Off topic.

duncan
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieCoop View Post
    did anyone watch Road Rage on BB1 tonight.

oop's sorry off topic.

Just keep modding Andy don't think anyone is that bothered
    This isn't the Off Topic and Banter Board though.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    My understanding has always been that OT&B threads still need moderated to keep them within the topic subject. I'm pretty sure BS goes by that rule too.
    Erm nope the OT&B threads are exactly that, they always go off topic, but, they generally follow a certain pattern, however, if the original poster wants it to stay on topic then they should mention it in the intial post or ask for the offending posts to be removed :)