Black WOW

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    It lasts about 2 months for me and I wash every week. Better than anything else I have used.

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    It lasts about 2 months for me and I wash every week. Better than anything else I have used.
    That IS good.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    A wee update on my use of Black Wow.

We have Jewelultra Diamondbrite coating on our R56 MINI. A few months ago I was having trouble getting rid of white marks on the black trim. see this thread for details on that. It seems that our car was probably prepared by Menzies with a silicone treatment on the black trims. Diamondbrite and silicone don't mix well and that was what was causing the white streaks.

I applied Black Wow to both our MINI's two weeks ago. Washed the R56 today and applied the monthly Diamondbrite conserver treatment. Oh dear. It's like a bad sequel from Hollywood: Return Of The White Streaks! :mad:

I had a look at the Black Wow bottle and surprise, surprise it's a silicone treatment!!! How did I miss this?!?!?

So, back to square one on the R56 for the black trim, very hot scrubbing, then peanut oil then Autoglym bumper care (warmed).

The R53 (no diamondbrite there) is still looking fab though. Good water repellent capabilities and looks lovely and clean even after a run.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    So what do we learn from this, dont go down the Diamond Brite, Supaguard, AG Life shine etc route.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    So what do we learn from this, dont go down the Diamond Brite, Supaguard, AG Life shine etc route.
    Yes and no Ian.

We're still happy with Diamondbrite for the FL2. I have to admit, I've thought about stripping it off the R56 and going down the waxing route, but I'm meeting considerable resistance from Mrs P on that one. But the FL2 couldn't be easier; quick wash once a week - more often if required - then once a month wash over with the conserver solution and Bob's yer uncle. Good resistance to tar marks, tree sap, bird sh!t etc...

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    Prob looks better on the FL as its a silver car. They generally hide sins anyway

drb5374
    Will this stuff get rid of the residue, left by polish/wax that get's onto the plastics?

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by drb5374 View Post
    Will this stuff get rid of the residue, left by polish/wax that get's onto the plastics?
    I believe yes, however I have it and I am really struggling to get good results from it... it's prob more to do with the way I am using it, rather than the product, but I am following the instructions and my trim just looks bad... Not an easy product to use IMHO..:(

Car
    I am the total opposite from you Craig.

It may be that you have been using Wax on your tri prior to putting on black wow.
    Before my 1st application of the stuff I thoroughly cleaned the arch trims with a strong mix of TFR.
    This strong mix of TFR will also remove any white polish residue.

FergusM
    I just used Black Wow...and it is excellent...now just waiting for it to dry and then see how it lasts. But the difference in colour of plastic is amazing.