Black WOW

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Well I dare say all you detailers out there will have no doubt already tried this product. If by chance you have not then I suggest you get some.

I've found it to be the best so far.

Some details for anyone interested.
    BLACK WOW.

A product conceived by show car detailer, Richard Lin, aka OctaneGuy and formulated by his father, a world reknowned award winning scientist.

Designed for any color exterior plastic such as on the MINI Cooper, Honda Element, Jeep Cherokee, Toyota Tacoma, and others, this gel will restore your trims natural color without use of dyes or colorants and provides a rich, long lasting look (measured in months), proven by the water beading action.

Notes from the inventor:

Creating a product that would restore old faded trim quickly and easily was one challenge. But it wasn't enough to just make a product that improved the look considerably. It had to make the process easier, thus the decision to include cleaners to remove old polish and wax was made. Looking at the competition, another challenge I faced was improving the durability! Manufacturers want you to keep buying product! So developing a super long lasting product isn't in their best interest. So whether it's a car wash, rain storm, or just time, most protectants on the market just don't last very long. As a professional paint polisher, I want my work to look it's best for as long as possible! Finally, Black Wow is super concentrated. You only need enough to "quench" it's thirst.

Directions:
    For best results, clean trim before applying Black Wow, and perform the first application just before washing your car. Remember, a little goes a LONG way with BW.

Apply a pea sized amount to the foam applicator pad and massage it into your trim. You will see an instant improvement in darkness and evenness in tone. Continue to spread this out. More is NOT better with Black Wow. Always work with pea sized amounts. The final look should be matte, not glossy and wet. There is no need to let BW dry or cure. Once applied, remove the excess with a towel or proceed to wash the car and using a wash mitt or sponge to wipe down the trim. Dry with a separate towel from the one you use to dry the paint.

CAUTION:
    Avoid getting BW on painted areas. BW won't harm your paint, but because of it's durability, it is very persistent and will require extra effort to remove off the paint. Mask adjacent areas with painters tape first if you are concerned.

Click here for the video:

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?vid...rel=1&border=0
    Cooper Coupe...

N12 JLK
    Boooo! Video no longer available:(

Resident old yin.
    Would be interested to hear your report on how easy it is to use, its longevity and if it streaks onto surrounding paintwork.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    Would be interested to hear your report on how easy it is to use, its longevity and if it streaks onto surrounding paintwork.
    Yeah! What he said!

Also, do you reckon this will negate the need to scrub with peanut oil, then that Autoglym stuff?

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I have been using black wow for some time now and it is amazing. You need only the smallest pea size amount on a foam applicator to do one whole side of a mini plastics. Lasts for ages and looks great. A big thumbs up from me any way.

well I've not got much black plastic on my cars but the bits I do have, have all been done in this stuff. I put it on a tiny wee bit at a time worked in with a sponge applicator. It certainly brought the trim up looking a treat and still fine after a few days. The only trouble is the bit on the x'er that protects the top of the rear bumper gets covered when the boot lid comes down so it dose not get wet other than from the dogs paws.
    I have put it on the grey that should be black trim round my side mirror on the E36 and they look fab but not driven since application. It snowed and once the tiny amount of snow was off the car the trim still looked fab.
    TBH I have no real idea if it will last any time it cold just be one of those products that you think is great but is just like all the rest. Time will tell.

here

http://www.showcardetailing.com/ukblackwow/

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...light=blackwow
    Cooper Coupe...

Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    I have been using black wow for some time now and it is amazing. You need only the smallest pea size amount on a foam applicator to do one whole side of a mini plastics. Lasts for ages and looks great. A big thumbs up from me any way.
    Ian you should pass knowledge of these products on to your fellow Mini friends. or are you trying to keep all the good products to yourself

p.s. I have just taken delivery of some duragloss products have you tried them.??

The auquawax is great for this time of year.:)
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    Fi
    Not tried duragloss yet. Next order will be some 3M finishing polish and 3M pads for the rotary.

I shall endevour to inform all of my latest purchases next time I try something new.

Latest top tip to share with everyone is to use Zymol HD Cleanse for the inside and out side of the glass. Its amazing at leaving a perfect finish on the glass, a bit dear though at £39 per bottle but I love the stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Fi
    Not tried duragloss yet. Next order will be some 3M finishing polish and 3M pads for the rotary.

I shall endevour to inform all of my latest purchases next time I try something new.

Latest top tip to share with everyone is to use Zymol HD Cleanse for the inside and out side of the glass. Its amazing at leaving a perfect finish on the glass, a bit dear though at £39 per bottle but I love the stuff.
    do you like the HD Cleanse. We tried it a couple years back didn't think much about it. More than likely because we don't have much of a clue.

I find Stoners Invisible Glass the best so far. Follow the instructions on the bottle no streaks.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    Love the HD cleanse. Remember as well that if you are using Zymol wax on the paint you have to use HD cleanse before the 1st application, again in 6 months or so after.
    The chaps at polished bliss recommended it as a glass cleaner. It works well with me. You dont need to use very much of it. Put it on in straight lines and it will be streak free.