wheels and springs.. recalibration?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    minidriver#1
    when lowering springs and bigger wheels are put on, does the suspension and steering need to be recalibrated? or can they just go straight on?

Julz
    Mine just went straight on!!

minidriver#1
    including your spings?

macblob
    Just Whap em on KJ, just dinnae blame me if they break

Julz
    Yup, including the spings, and the springs as well!!

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Lowering a car will effect the steering geometry :( By how much depends on how low you go (no l-n-l jokes pleeeeeeeeease :clown:) Just watch out for eccesive tyre wear thats all. I will again plug my mates garage (Pro-Grip 01324 810111) who does a sooooooooper job of fitting spring and adjusting everything using his laser aligner thingy :approve:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Julz
    I lowered Fatty Bum by 30mm and put 18" wheels on, I know KJ is showing off by going that wee bit bigger, but I've not suffered any major uneven tyre wear. I've travelled 12k with the new tyres and springs and the wear is relatively even!!

Mini Martyn
    KJ they look amazing in person, well done!!

minidriver#1
    Thanks Martyn. the ride is pretty much the same, i guess thats cos i was using run flats anyways so they are pretty heavy and rough too.

Still deciding on the next gamble. lol. and remember man, we gotta sort out a social night down by you next.

macblob
    Love the wheels KJ