Fog Lights

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Car
    Mini Cooper S
    Quote Originally Posted by low_n_loud1 View Post
    Hey VB, did you ever work for a certain Mr Himmler?

LOL...iI thought a cross between "Himmler/Mengele"

Wir stoppen Nebellichter! Sie stören uns!
    Last edited by sedgie; 12th December 2007 at 10:47 PM.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by sedgie View Post
    LOL...iI thought a cross between "Himmler/Mengele"

Wir stoppen Nebellichter! Sie stören uns!
    Ha ha ha ha ha

wir töten Ihre Testikel durch Stromschlag!
    (I think..:o)

The Dogfather
    Quote Originally Posted by low_n_loud1 View Post
    Ha ha ha ha ha

wir töten Ihre Testikel durch Stromschlag!
    (I think..:o)
    Now, I didn't mention any particular part of his anatomy, however

wir haben Weisen des Bildens Sie des Wegs lustig und Gespräch in einer hohen geworfenen Stimme

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Once again, it seems a timely reminder of one of your own posts is in order.

Of course, no one would argue you're not entitled to your opinion, but at least try and be consistent.

This post was in the Tints thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWmini View Post
    Being a motorcyclist im glad the police are clamping down on this, car drivers need all the help they can get when it comes to seeing a bike.

Why would anyone want to make their car look like a pimp mobile anyway

Most of these chavs who have tints should have their cars taken off them and crushed.
    Time for you to practice what you preach sunshine.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

JCWmini
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Once again, it seems a timely reminder of one of your own posts is in order.

Of course, no one would argue you're not entitled to your opinion, but at least try and be consistent.

This post was in the Tints thread.

Time for you to practice what you preach sunshine.

A.
    Thats a bit sad, no seriously.

I must have missed the bit about that post where fog lights are discussed.

Since you are the officual NMS post searcher you could point it out to me.
    Last edited by JCWmini; 13th December 2007 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Oh i forgot the sunshine bit, nice........

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWmini View Post
    Thats a bit sad, no seriously.

I must have missed the bit about that post where fog lights are discussed.

Since you are the officual NMS post searcher you could point it out to me.
    I don't understand how you don't see that your opinions are inconsistent.

In one thread (the Tints thread) you are saying that "car drivers need all the help they can get when it comes to seeing a bike" and go on to say that you're "glad the police are clamping down in the illegal behaviour". Then in another thread (this thread) you are advocating that it is perfectly acceptable to break a law which gives rise to the very problem you were annoyed about being broken in another thread.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I have no scientific proof, but, i can assure you that in the few times i've driven my classic mini, anyone driving with FRONT FOGS on has hindered my vision, more so in the wet when the glare from the lights has "bounced" up into my rear view mirror.

Given the fact that you are a biker and that you obviously detest cages, i find it hard to unerstand you're thinking.
    It's more a case of do what i say and not what i do.

When out and about on my bike in the dark it's very annoying when approaching drivers with FRONT FOGS on.

At the end of the day, it's illegal to use either FRONT or REAR Fogs unless the conditions dictate it, so, if you are openly admitting that you use them, then just get yourself along to the local station and own up to it.
    Let the boys in blue try to educate you

JCWmini
    Im stunned by the lack of ability with some of the members to

a. Read a post withou adding words that dont exist.

b. Comprehend the difference between not liking tints on a car because the reduce visibility for a car driver and me opinion that fogs are not the big danger that everyone suggests.

c. The lake of ability for members to discuss something without going getting their knickers in a twist.

B.S you may detest cages (or car drivers to those non bikers) but i do not, primarily because i own 2 cars as well as my bike.

Fair point with the origional mini due to it being lower to the ground. On my bike i am higher and am definatly not distracted by fogs.

Just to make it clear for the terminally stupid on this forum.

I HAVE NEVER EVEN SWITCHED THE FOGS OF MY MINI ON LET ALONE USE THEM.

You lot need to take a deep breath. Its like talking to a bunch of 12 year olds. (With a few exeptions)

The Dogfather
    So your making it clear to yourself then?

Everyone's posts on this thread seem to be fairly balanced, some pointing out the duplicity of your opinions re: tints and fogs. Some, myself included have grown tired of this subject as despite the overwhelming weight of opinion you still fail to realise you're talking to a brick wall.

Within this thread you and only you think that fogs don't dazzle. Why is that?

So far you labeled seasoned posters to this forum as 12 year olds and terminally stupid? Why? Because they have a different opinion to you? Sounds like you're the child having a strop. You have chosen to ignore the points other people have made in this thread.

I have the equivalent of 30 years driving experience (by mileage), how experienced driver are you? I dare say BS and other have a lot of experience as well.

Now, in my opinion people who drive with fog lights on, when the conditions do not merit them, are selfish idiots. Anyone who condones this behaviour is also an idiot, I couldn't care less which category you come under.

The simple fact is all headlights cause glare to other traffic, to add to this with foglights just because people think its cool is both ridiculous and conveniently illegal.

Personally I would love to see the back of your stupid crusade. My advice to you is when the people around you are talking chinese it's time to stop digging
    Last edited by The Dogfather; 13th December 2007 at 10:40 AM.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Buffoon View Post
    Now, I didn't mention any particular part of his anatomy, however

wir haben Weisen des Bildens Sie des Wegs lustig und Gespräch in einer hohen geworfenen Stimme

(Babelfish is great! )