Fog Lights

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Resident old yin.
    Sorry, you are wrong

I see many cars who have fogs lights that are very bright and an annoyance (at best) to me, at least!

Renaults for a start seem to have very bright fogs that seem brighter than their headlights.

They are illegal and anyone who puts them them on to "look cool" is a tool

JCWmini
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig & Jude View Post
    it states in the law not to have fog lights on when it's not foggy. It's an offence which you will be charged for. Nuff said Case Closed. :)

It's like having a discussion about speeding, it's against the law, end of.

Are you sure you don't want to talk about taking heroine not being bad for you? or that beating up your partner is acceptable? At the end of the day, it's against the law, you can debate it all you want. It ain't going to change the outcome.
    As stated i would like some proof that they do cause glare. I have yet to say this in any post so far.

Keep trying.

Car
    Mini Cooper S
    Ach i hae more tae bother aboot than fog lights....if they piss me off....they get all my lights in face!

The Dogfather
    First of all what is your definition of glare? Mine would be any unnecessary light being directed towards me whilst I'm driving.

I take it that the opinion 'that they don't cause glare' is just your own, which to my mind hardly makes it contentious as you do seem to have taken up the position of the lone idiot. Its not so much an argument more just a collection of people telling you you're a fcukwit.

By the way whilst coming to your conclusion did you take in to account the effect on drivers of different vehicles such as motorbikes and roadsters which have a different viewing position? You are quite right in the point you made that fogs point down, which is why they are useless as extra driving lights, but did you take into account that fogs reflect off wet roads into the eyes of on coming traffic?

Did you also consider this effect on unlit roads and/or on the driver who may have been driving for an extended period?

Now if you would really like proof how about a little game. Thats if you are willing to stick your neck out.

I'm pretty good with electrics and I happen to have an old light meter at my parents. We should wire a sensitive part of your anatomy up to a car battery via a switch. Then by comparing the light meter reading between when a car switches its fogs on and off we can test your no glare theory, for every time the reading is higher with fogs on you get a shock. I think there would be a few people on here who'd be willing to help out with their cars.

What do you reckon willing to put your 'money' were your mouth is?
    Last edited by The Dogfather; 12th December 2007 at 10:09 PM.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Hey VB, did you ever work for a certain Mr Himmler?

The Dogfather
    Quote Originally Posted by low_n_loud1 View Post
    Hey VB, did you ever work for a certain Mr Himmler?
    How old do you think I am? :mad: :mad:

JCWmini
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Buffoon View Post
    How old do you think I am? :mad: :mad:
    About 12 judging by your post.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWmini View Post
    As stated i would like some proof that they do cause glare. I have yet to say this in any post so far.

Keep trying.

i couldn't give a sh$t if you want proof - you are breaking the law and if you think that is OK and are trying to challenge it, then in my book, yer a muppet. :(

Just my opinion mind, bearing in mind I have to deal with both sides of the law on a daily basis...

The Dogfather
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWmini View Post
    About 12 judging by your post.
    What's up with it?

The Dogfather
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig & Jude View Post
    i couldn't give a sh$t if you want proof - you are breaking the law and if you think that is OK and are trying to challenge it, then in my book, yer a muppet.
    Which one? I kind of see him as beaker, ready to experiment on :evil grin:
    Last edited by The Dogfather; 13th December 2007 at 06:35 PM.