Fog Lights

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    JCWmini
    Here is a nice no [NON] contentious issue to get us talking.

After discussing the relative merits of lake[, OR LACK] of [,] regarding the use of FRONT fog lights in another thread I have spent a disproportionate amount of time looking at cars with their fog lights on when its not foggy. This bear [BEARS] out what I have thought over the past 20 years of driving. And also the fact the fogs are aimed about 5 feet in front of the car low donw [DOWN] and cannot possibly cause glare to other road users.

Despite the assurance from some members that it’s signally [SINGULARLY] the most heinous crime known to man kind [MANKIND] and any driver who has the audacity to do this should be publicly flogged, I have come to the conclusion that fog lights do NOT cause any significant glare issue. Indeed poorly adjusted headlamps and main beam are significantly more dangerous, by a factor of about 1000 as a guess.

So I would like to see if anyone can come up with any proper un bias [UN-BIASED]research regarding this to show that fogs are really so dangerous.

Or is it a case of, I [A] general dislike for any diver under the age of 25 how [WHO] has the audacity to use the same road as some of our more experienced members, perhaps divers [DRIVES] a sightly cheaper older car which some Halfords additions.

:) (all done in the best possible taste)
    Last edited by GAJ; 13th December 2007 at 11:29 AM.

FergusM
    Is the fact that it is against the law not enough ??

Sweeney
    Can i sit infront of you in the dark and put my rear fog on and tell me if you can see the road ahead? 9/10 its almost impossible without backing off a fair bit... As for fronts, they do cause a big distraction but the rears worse

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    it states in the law not to have fog lights on when it's not foggy. It's an offence which you will be charged for. Nuff said Case Closed. :)

It's like having a discussion about speeding, it's against the law, end of.

Are you sure you don't want to talk about taking heroine not being bad for you? or that beating up your partner is acceptable? At the end of the day, it's against the law, you can debate it all you want. It ain't going to change the outcome.

Sweeney
    I'd be surprised to find someone whos actually lived by the book all their life, we all have broken laws and will continue to do so on a (most likely) daily/weekly basis. Regardless of who you are and what you do

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney View Post
    I'd be surprised to find someone whos actually lived by the book all their life, we all have broken laws and will continue to do so on a (most likely) daily/weekly basis. Regardless of who you are and what you do

your probably right Sweeney, but not all of us are on a public forum encouraging other people that doing something illegal is alright...

Sweeney
    I dont see any encouragement but i do see a point raised that i disagree with, hence my reply

Defects with cars are generally all a risk, some more than others yes but thats the reason there is regulations rules and laws to abide and uphold; Such is life.

Car
    suppose we are all unique, thereby having different views of what is right and wrong... It is everyones right to choose to break the law or not.

Sweeney
    I know its wrong and believe me ive had so many road rage moments with the dark mornings and nights lately, people sitting right up your arse, no lights at all, fog lights etc. I could rant and rant about it... I certainly don't agree that "theres little distraction" with fog lights being on to other drivers which we can all agree on im sure

JCWmini
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeney View Post
    Can i sit infront of you in the dark and put my rear fog on and tell me if you can see the road ahead? 9/10 its almost impossible without backing off a fair bit... As for fronts, they do cause a big distraction but the rears worse
    Your corect with the rears and i have edited my post as i am only talking about front fogs.