Cheap runaround needed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The Dogfather
    Gaj, there's a car on our noticeboard at work for around that price: -

Rover 450 Silver for Sale £500.00
    with 1 years full MOT and 6 months tax. Full electrics and excellent running order. R reg
    Please contact Bev on 079*********

Trouble is, its Darlington I could have a look at it for you to see if it's worth a trip down?

GAJ
    If you could that would be good. I'll have to check out insurance for an 18 year old. What's the engine size?

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    It wont be a Rover 450 as there is no such thing. Its likely to be either a 414, 416 418 420 or 420D.

Insurance group on the 400 series above the 414 has always been pretty high.

I have a dealer friend as well and anything under say £800 is pretty tough to find as they are usually pants. My mate has a breaker friend that takes the cars under £800 value and either brakes them as there is good money in metal at the moment or his breaker friends sells them on cheap. If the boy can up his budget to around £1000 it opens up so many more doors.
    I got a trade in from my friend, for another friend. He only had £1k and he got a trade in Corsa Y reg 1.2 (newer shape) it had high miles but for £1k cant complain. He couldnt sell on his fourcourt as too old and too high miles and would only get about £900 from auction so everyone was a winner.

GAJ
    That's my feelings as well. £1000 is a bit more realistic. If you hear of anythingplease let me know. Rover 4whatever will probably be a bit too mich to insure. I'll speak to the laddie later.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    To be fair I wouldnt be rushing out to buy a £450 Rover. There are plenty old Rovers on your door step. Chances are the head gasket will just blow on it anyway, as is always the case with K series engines, new and old.

The Dogfather
    Gaj, let me know if you want me to do owt..... I'll hold for now and keep my eyes open.

GAJ
    will do. Cheers!

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    My neighbour is selling a Daywoo Matiz for £750 its only done 7000 miles as she is 92 years old and does not drive very often thankfully.

GAJ
    That sounds perfect John. Very interested!!

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    give me your email address and I will email a photo of it.

It gets MOT, service and full valet every year but does not get used.