Going on Seacat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mini Martyn
    Will this set my alarm off?

Any help would be great, not long now intill St Andrews!! 3 cheers!!

Hip hip...............

GAJ
    The handbook tells you how to disable the motion sensor. I don't have mine handy but I think you lock again within a few seconds.

Wul
    Should be fine i'd think but if in any doubt you can de-activate the motion sensors so that only opening a door will set off the alarm - lock the car with the first press of the key fob - then press again and the indicators will flash again to signify the motion sensor is now off. This setting was for people with dogs etc!

Monsta Mo Mini
    Leave it switched off...I mean where the hell are they going to go with it?

GAJ
    If you have the factory alarm it is activated by locking the doors. You can't turn it off!

lightbody
    Click the lock-button on your remote twice in succession and it will be disabled.

The ferry WILL set it off otherwise.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    quote:Originally posted by GAJ
    If you have the factory alarm it is activated by locking the doors. You can't turn it off!
    Sorry Gaj, yer wrang this time, as the others have said, a double press on the remotes locks the doors but disables the motion sensor :)

GAJ
    quote:Originally posted by Bonnie Scotland

quote:Originally posted by GAJ
    Sorry Gaj, yer wrang this time, as the others have said, a double press on the remotes locks the doors but disables the motion sensor :)
    That turns off the motion sensor. I think I was the first of the others to say this!

PostedÂ*-Â*23 Feb 2004Â*: 16:40:08 by GAJ
    The handbook tells you how to disable the motion sensor. I don't have mine handy but I think you lock again within a few seconds.

Although the motion sensor is disabled the rest of the alarm is still active. You can not switch it off as far as I know, only disable the motion sensor!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    oops :I that's what happens when i get home and pretend that cause i've just done 5 weeks on nightshift i can easily change over to normal day time surfing :clown:

Mini Martyn
    Thanks guys, ill try that.

See you all soon.