Stopped by the police

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The Dogfather
    Well considering fogs are designed to light up only 10ft in front and to the sides of the car you would have to be traveling very slowly for them to add anything. They basically point down which is why, on wet roads, the light causes glare.

I do a lot of night time driving and there's a lot of chavs round here who think it looks cool, after a while you feel like taking a hammer to their fogs . BTW I'm not saying anyone who drives with fogs on is a chav I'm a bit more careful with my generalisations
    Last edited by The Dogfather; 23rd November 2007 at 07:50 AM.

I think it's a psychological benefit, as much as anything.

I'm not against driving with fogs on, but I fully accept there are people out there who can't stand it. The thing I quite honestly fail to understand is the folks out there who think it's a good idea to drive along with just their sidelights and foglights on...what's the point?????

s12cot
    I think the point here is it is illegal to have your fog lights on unless it is below a certain distance of vision - correct me if i am wrong 100feet???

So the police have every right to stop & book peole with foggers on if they are getting used when they should not.

They are dangerous to other road users.....

s12cot
    Quote Originally Posted by AeroJonny View Post
    The thing I quite honestly fail to understand is the folks out there who think it's a good idea to drive along with just their sidelights and foglights on...what's the point?????
    totally agree
    Last edited by Gismo; 23rd November 2007 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Fixed quote

Quote Originally Posted by s12cot View Post
    I think the point here is it is illegal to have your fog lights on unless it is below a certain distance of vision - correct me if i am wrong 100feet???
    I think I put mine on because I'm cool

The Dogfather
    That's OK then

Resident old yin.
    Exactly

But, if you are a plukey wee ned, you think it is well cool.

It looks even better if you are wearing a baseball cap whilst driving (another, what's the point of that ) that is too small for you and needs a good wash

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by s12cot View Post

So the police have every right to stop & book peole with foggers on if they are getting used when they should not.

They are dangerous to other road users.....
    Well said :)

but, I think, from memory, it is 100 yards.

Resident old yin.
    So I see, or at least I could see before I looked at your sig pics

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    I had one o' these f*****rs on ma tail tonight :mad:. Got really pissed off with his neddy fogs in all my mirrors so let him past and gave him a taste o' his own medicine wie a little sumat extra thrown in for the hell of it . He'd enough savvy to keep back from a car wie mair lights than him after that but once I passed him noticed he had them trained on somebody else's mirrors. Eejit:mad:

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.