Stopped by the police

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    JCWmini
    That policeman was a knob, not just because he cant tell the difference between fogs and sidelights, or because he thinks mini have designed their car not to conformt to the Regulations. But because he is wasting time stopping people with fogs on, Im sorry but what a petty storm in a tea cup fogs lights cause.

You see the same people bleating on about how fogs are satins children then driving well above the limit and they drive to colse to others etc etc.

I'v come to the conclusion that he who is without sin cast the first stone, otherwise sut the feck up and talk about something useful.

:mad:
    Rant over.

S7JGW
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheilz View Post
    Its tradition in the north east for coppers to take a great deal of interest in cars owned by young uns! Just hope you don't find yourself being targeted by him. Mind your speed (I know you do that anyway) and try and keep a low profile for a bit because it has been known for individuals to take a keen interest in particular motors. If you do find yourself getting stopped on a regular basis and for no obvious reason, complain. Its not to say that'll be the case but it does happen. My eldest laddie was being harassed by one particular copper in an Aberdeen suburb. He wasn't racing about, just travelling from our house to his pals. Every time this copper spotted the car Darren was stopped. The last time he did it the cop car was going in the opposite direction from Darren chasing a Jag which was going pretty damned fast but did a quick U turn and stopped Darren. Went over his car, gave him a hard time and then said 'I will get your licence etc etc'. When Darren came home I phoned Queen St and reported the copper and strangely enough he was never stopped again. While I wouldnt make him out to be an angel behind his steering wheel, by the time I made this complaint, he'd been stopped so damned often that he was feart to go as much as a mile over the limit. He was 20/21 at the time and no doubt only one of many youngsters whose licences individual coppers have taken a notion of. Be canny

Had that problem when i was younger about 17/18 eventually he got me to court for something he exagerated and made something out of nothing. It went to court and one policeman told the truth and the one that had it in for me exagerated everything and was dropped due to the "Police Evidence being Unreliable". He must of got a fair smak on the knuckles from his superior officer as have not had any problems with him again.

Jim

The Dogfather
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWmini View Post

You see the same people bleating on about how fogs are satins children then driving well above the limit and they drive to colse to others etc etc.

I'v come to the conclusion that he who is without sin cast the first stone, otherwise sut the feck up and talk about something useful.

:mad:
    Rant over.
    Seeing that I'm the one who said people who drive with fog lights are 'R Souls' would your little rant be aimed at me? You may not have noticed but in general this forum is generally good humoured so you might want to tone it down a bit. :mad: :mad: :mad:

My question to you would be, which bit of the term 'fog lights' don't you understand? I mean they are not called 'Look at me I'm a ignorant pleb and I want everyone to see the fact I didn't by the poverty spec model lights' are they?

When used in this way they are a nuisance to other drivers and the type of people who drive with them on are ignorant gits who have little or no consideration for other road users.

There are worse offences committed on the road, such as drunk driving, driving with bald tyres etc, and if by stopping the moron who's driving with fogs on and they then spot the other offence, two birds one stone.

However, Jim wasn't driving with fogs and the copper should have apologised for his mistake.
    Last edited by The Dogfather; 21st November 2007 at 10:59 PM.

Resident old yin.
    Im sorry but what a petty storm in a tea cup fogs lights cause.

Like to use your fog lights then? :o

The Dogfather
    Being a motorcyclist im glad the police are clamping down on this, car drivers need all the help they can get when it comes to seeing a bike.

Why would anyone want to make their car look like a pimp mobile anyway

Most of these chavs who have tints should have their cars taken off them and crushed..
    I hope you don't mind me quoting another one of your little outbursts but you seem quite happy to praise the police when they are clamping down on other rule breakers but you seem a bit touchy about fog lights.

In wet and dark conditions when your waiting to pull out of a busy junction, it can be very difficult to see a bike when it's being followed by a car. But if you really want to make it impossible get the guy in the car to put his fog lights on.

Just thought I'd pick an example that might actually mean something to you.

JCWmini
    I say again let he who has not commited a driving offence cast the first stone.

Deap breath everyone and relax.

And for the record I have never switched the fog lighs of the mini on.

Try not to take it personally the rant was not aimed at anyone particular, just a general observation of do gooders on just about every car forum out there.

The Dogfather
    Following on from telling people to shut the feck up, you're dismissing everyone who's ever expressed an opinion about traffic offences/other drivers as a 'do gooder' now?

Your comment is incredibly condescending, ever thought of a career in the diplomatic service?
    Last edited by The Dogfather; 22nd November 2007 at 03:36 AM.

Car
    Full on JCW!! :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Buffoon View Post
    Following on from telling people to shut the feck up, you're dismissing everyone who's ever expressed an opinion about traffic offences/other drivers as a 'do gooder' now?

Your comment is incredibly condescending, ever thought of a career in the diplomatic service?

Or Politics??

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    or the Polis
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Buffoon View Post

Looks like someone's got a bee in his bonnet!

In all honesty, the posts that you've quoted look for all the world like generalisations.

And for the record...I quite often put my fogs on at night on the country roads around where I live as the standard MINI hedlamps are akin to candles! Let the public flogging begin!