Stopped by the police

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    JCWmini
    It should be once or twice only. I prefer red wine.

vintageb3
    Quote Originally Posted by low_n_loud1 View Post

Ok Timothy Westwood, I'll let you carry on pretending you're not white upper middle class
    Illusion shattered:(

mark

mini_mad
    In relation to the initial post, it really saddens me that there are some very few individuals still in the job that are like that, now im sure everybody thats reading this will have by now been able to guess what i do hence i say 'individuals still in the job that are like that'....

The cop that you had your dealings with obv has not a clue about cars, technically minded or any common sense.

For the folk that already know me on here will hopefully understand where im coming from,for those who dont know me im mainly online at scottishmini forum as im the founder and admin on there.

Anyway i couldnt just not post on this thread due to the nature of it and also some of the alarming replies from people, i would like to point out to everybody that just because this one cop acted like this, that every other cop will do the same and so people have their 'back up' about being stopped by the police, i get stopped by the police too cos thats there and my job to do, people forget police can stop and speak to anyone they wish too on the public roads, so if you ever are stopped please dont be alarmed by it.

It might just be me because im younger and im in the job but ive never had any trouble speaking to people when im dealing with things so i purely put it down to this one cop,and yes i know a few folk have also posted similar replies about a few cops attitudes, duno about you but the amount of time ive had bad dealings with other organisations, people, including BMW i know that its been the individuals, either on a bad day or they are always like that however the majority arent the same.

I hope this reply helps a little bit for all you open minded people out there,

cheers

Neil

iain cooper
    I also have a habit of putting on my fog lights on dark unlit country roads.

There are so many really deep potholes on the roads in my area that you need as much light as possible so that you can try to take evasive action.

I feel that I am paying a lot of money to keep the cooper on the road and the roads departments are just not maintaining the roads to an acceptable standard anymore.

Also in my opinion re being stopped by the police, I can assure you that the police do not stop you for no reason at all, they just do not have the time.

If you analyse the situation there will be a reason why they have stopped you, possibly just using the foglight scenario as an excuse to be able to "legally" stop you.

After that, the way you respond and react to them can have a real effect on the way they view you in the future, if you know what I mean.

I've been driving for over 35 years and have had a lot of dealings with the police both on the road and in other circumstances, so feel I can speak from experience.

At the end of the day they try to keep the roads as safe as possible for all road users, not an easy job, and sometimes easy for them to come across as bolshy.
    Last edited by iain cooper; 11th December 2007 at 11:08 AM.