Stopped by the police

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    S7JGW
    Got stoped by the police on friday night between Keith and Banff,
    they tried to charge me for driving with fog lamps on. I never had them on. It turned out that they thought my sidelights (r53 in beside indicators) was fog lamps. I then told them it was sidelights and he said there definately fog lamps and then showed him it my foglamps. He then asked why i put the side lights into the indicators and argued with me that it wasnt standard and hes never seen a car like that before with sidelights in the indicators.
    He was a bit pi$$s of and then checked my car for everything, before leting me go after finding nothing illegal.
    Anyone else had any experiences like this?
    Jim

Gorbash12346
    tbh i'm surprised this is the first time i've heard of it... i've been waiting on some daft examples of traffic enforcement of this kind for ages

think we should send him a mini calender for his xmas... just in case he can't get his head round the fact that their all like that lol

unfortunately your always going to get some people like that...

should have got his number and left a polite 'thankyou' with one of his superiors

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Its tradition in the north east for coppers to take a great deal of interest in cars owned by young uns! Just hope you don't find yourself being targeted by him. Mind your speed (I know you do that anyway) and try and keep a low profile for a bit because it has been known for individuals to take a keen interest in particular motors. If you do find yourself getting stopped on a regular basis and for no obvious reason, complain. Its not to say that'll be the case but it does happen. My eldest laddie was being harassed by one particular copper in an Aberdeen suburb. He wasn't racing about, just travelling from our house to his pals. Every time this copper spotted the car Darren was stopped. The last time he did it the cop car was going in the opposite direction from Darren chasing a Jag which was going pretty damned fast but did a quick U turn and stopped Darren. Went over his car, gave him a hard time and then said 'I will get your licence etc etc'. When Darren came home I phoned Queen St and reported the copper and strangely enough he was never stopped again. While I wouldnt make him out to be an angel behind his steering wheel, by the time I made this complaint, he'd been stopped so damned often that he was feart to go as much as a mile over the limit. He was 20/21 at the time and no doubt only one of many youngsters whose licences individual coppers have taken a notion of. Be canny

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Typical policeman nows feck all about the law

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    This was very common throughout the UK when the MINI first came out

The Dogfather
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Eee, when I were a lad all this were fields.........

TBH, I think its great that they finally cracking down on 'R Souls' who drive with fog lights on when it's not foggy. When you driving along with your bum 4 inches from the road fogs reflect back off the wet road and dazzle you.

I would have thought though the fact that the bulbs are as bright as the copper that stopped you, would have made it obvious that they were sidelights.

Jim, how did you handle the conversation with him? If you were a bit cheeky, and you could argue you had every reason to be, it may have provided him with justification to check your car. If you have any reason for complaint you could ask for a written explanation/apology.k
    Last edited by The Dogfather; 21st November 2007 at 07:17 AM.

japper
    Boy this cheeses me off.

Why is it they stop the innocent but fail to stop the 20-30 people i see every day with their fogs on......................arghhh:mad:

Or their lights not working, or their bumper hanging off, or their illegal number plates.

Ok, feel a little better now:)

s12cot
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    yup happened to me when they first came out,turned out the copper was ok... his mate had a cooper on order...

mini saltire
    Quote Originally Posted by s12cot View Post
    yup happened to me when they first came out,turned out the copper was ok... his mate had a cooper on order...
    Me too, the copper who stopped me thought he was John Wayne!! Pissed myself when he ate humble pie and had to apologise infront of his female partner for swearing at me!! I did drive off with my rear foggy on just for a laugh though

Harry Fairbairn Sponsor
    The Police Force is fully of curruption particularly the traffic division and i speak from experience