Tints

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Why stop at just saying the front tints impare your vision. I know for a fact at some awkard junctions etc I have had to look through my rear side windows so I can see what is coming.
    Cooper Coupe...

JCWmini
    Being a motorcyclist im glad the police are clamping down on this, car drivers need all the help they can get when it comes to seeing a bike.

Why would anyone want to make their car look like a pimp mobile anyway

Most of these chavs who have tints should have their cars taken off them and crushed.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Scotland View Post
    Nonsense, if it was considered unsafe enough the money grabbers would bring it in.
    Plus, tell me you don't hinder your vision by never wearing sunglasses whilst driving
    I do wear sunglasses, but then I don't have my windows tinted. And I don't wear them at night. And if my windows were tinted, I wouldn't have the option of taking them off to improve my vision if I felt light-levels required it.

Nikki,
    I wouldn't pay out immediately, i'd go to court and plant the blame squarely on the garage's shoulders, as others have mentioned, ignorance is no excuse, but, under the circumstances i'm sure the judge would be sympathetic and it would also highlight to the garage what happened.
    I think i'd would be going in to see the garage anyway for an explanation why an illegal car can be sold to you :mad:
    I'd agree with that Nikki. It is a shame you were done, and the garage must assume some moral responsibility for that. They put the car out.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    I do wear sunglasses, but then I don't have my windows tinted. And I don't wear them at night. And if my windows were tinted, I wouldn't have the option of taking them off to improve my vision if I felt light-levels required it.
    But that's my point, any tint, be it on the windows or on your face (ie sunglasses) must impair your vision judging by your earlier post.

Having tinted windows and wearing sunglasses is just asking for trouble

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    But that's my point, any tint, be it on the windows or on your face (ie sunglasses) must impair your vision judging by your earlier post.

Having tinted windows and wearing sunglasses is just asking for trouble
    And that's why only a small amount of tinting is allowed. Wearing sunglasses is required in order to drive safely in some lighting conditions - winter sun especially. But if your window's are tinted as well as wearing sunglasses this will impair your vision to the point where it is dangerous. It is impossible/impractial/dangerous to stop people wearing sunglasses, just in case they have heavily tinted windows. So the legislation is aimed at windows.

Although Fi has a very solid point, tinted rear windows can be dangerous too.:o

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    tinted rear windows can be dangerous too.:o
    And it makes your mini look like a VAN
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Gordons_cooper_wrks
    1st thing... REAR TINTS what hapns when your are driving a van??? do you have to cut holes in the side of it??

2nd thing... SUNGLASSES If you have tints then you cant wear sunglasses and if they are to dark they will impare your vision and u will be driving about illlegaly, so you will just have to crash when the sun is out because sunglasses impare your vision!!

3rd thing... VISION IMPAIREMENT So what hapns when it is really foggy or there is a lot of spray on the road??? ur vision is impared then and there arent to many problems.

Tints are actually a safety asspect of your car. The dont let theifs look in to see what is lying about to steal. If some one tries to to break into your car they will need a knife to cut through the film. In a crash your glass is further laminated which will reduce the risk of you being cut by the glass. Tints also protect uv rays from your leather and cloth seats which will lenghten the life of your fabrics. :)

Sweeney
    * Plus they look better.

duncan
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordons_cooper_wrks View Post
    3rd thing... VISION IMPAIREMENT So what hapns when it is really foggy or there is a lot of spray on the road??? ur vision is impared then and there arent to many problems.
    Sorry, but this has to be one of the biggest loads of rubbish i've read in a while.

A quick look on the BBC using the search terms "fog" and "accident" and "Killed" brings up these. And this is the tip of the iceberg.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/l...re/6330635.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/2586285.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/g...re/4519388.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2489019.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/56076.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/6261366.stm - this ones a 43 vehicle accident.

Do you seriously believe that there "arent too many problems" associated with poor conditions?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    And that's why only a small amount of tinting is allowed

A.
    Andy mate, you'r missing my point, obviosuly wearing sunglasses and having your windows tinted as well is very dangerous
    My point is, that merely by wearing sunglasses on their own, with no tinted windaes impairs your vision if you apply the logic of your post.
    So, how can you criminalise tinted windows against sunglasses.
    I know it would be virtually impossible to police but sunglasses would be worse in my book.

What i'm getting at, is it's a load of b******s, a little bit of tinting can so badly affect your ability to see, utter nonesense.
    Of course, blacked out isn't on, but, in this instance For Nikki to be fined and given points for such a minimal tint is ridiculous, obviously a bad day for Mr Plod.

And to suggest that i might not be happy if my kid was run down cause someone's tinted windows hindered their vision, well, more chance of getting run down by a number 19 bus.
    Given the same situation on a very bright day i would accept that my child might survive due to the excellent diffusion the tints gave the driver