Has Craig finally given up?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    I was thinking you thought you had to sell as you had no faith in the car.

You did say earlier that the faults were fixed, or would be when the car came back from the dealers, have they been fully fixed now?

nope, 2 of the 3 faults have not been fixed, so this has helped me make the decision.. :(

glad it is all coming to end for you with the R56 ownership Craig.

p.s. You don't need to come on here and justify your decision to sell the motor to any forum member, don't see the need to have a 5 page thread on "I wouldn't have sold the car or why did you sell the car". nuff said on that I feel
    Cooper Coupe...

Graig, sorry to hear about continued problems but pleased to hear you have bought a trusty facelift. You have also given me a lot of thinking to do.
    Went to see the clubman today and we (Sioban) really liked it, so you know what that means She reckons she can get a barbi in it:o

To be honest it's the only R56 I've liked. I think the higher lines are better suited to the van, but I'm really worried about reliability of the R56 and in particular a newly launched model.
    Don't know if I can live without the "whine"

Have even thought of keeping the convertible for myself or swapping it for a similar R53 works with proper roof, but don't know if I can jusify having two minis.
    Anyone want to buy a nice convertible?

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig & Jude View Post
    nope, 2 of the 3 faults have not been fixed, so this has helped me make the decision.. :(
    Oh, right :(

I thought they were being fixed.

I think with all you have been through, you are making the right decision.

Post pics of the new car when you get it, sounds very nice.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Glad to hear you're staying in mini ownership, given what you've been through it would have been easy to move onto a different brand
    Am wondering if the Cooper is right for you after having an S.
    When i traded my old S and ended up with a Cooper it was a fantastic car, but, i just wanted a bit more oomph

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    well glad your staying with a mini

what would we do for some of the cracking runs

sorry your r56 had 2 go but dont blame you with all the probs

i all ways say i would never bye a brand new car cos of the money you lose
    New sig coming soon

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Scotland View Post
    Glad to hear you're staying in mini ownership, given what you've been through it would have been easy to move onto a different brand
    Am wondering if the Cooper is right for you after having an S.
    When i traded my old S and ended up with a Cooper it was a fantastic car, but, i just wanted a bit more oomph

Thought about hat A LOT Alan before making the decision. To be honest, I still can't justify the mpg of a Supercharged S with the mileage I do, despite how I drive on runs, when I am on my own, the car get's driven in a spirited manner.. The Turbo S was only an option because of the good MPG.

I will prob miss the power at first, but I think I will enjoy the "experience" of driving the Coop again. I found myself slightly lazy when driving the S as it pulled in any gear for overtaking, rather than having to think about "what gear should I be in for this overtake?"

tonyjac
    all the best with your new car craig

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig & Jude View Post
    I will prob miss the power at first, but I think I will enjoy the "experience" of driving the Coop again
    Aye, a well driven Cooper will beat a lazy/badly driven S nae bother

Yeh you will love it craig. I thought I would miss my "s" but I am lovin My Cooper D and it has still plenty of go and it feels like your more involved when havin to think more about gear changes instead of just putting foot to floor.
    2011 Mini CooperS COUNTRYMAN with CHILLI PACK in ROYAL GREY , 1998 Mini COOPERSPORT in BRITISH RACING GREEN