Has Craig finally given up?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Sad to see Knottie II up for sale big guy, could you not let the last few niggles ironed out? What's in the pipeline?

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Yes I have given up.

<Words here about the people involved with repairing the car which would be mostly swear words and they might want to sue me as they have others>

Just think that after nearly 11 months of dealing with sub standard R56's I have decided to sell up, take the hit and get out. FAR too much stress involved and to be honest I am sick to my stomach the way this has been dealt with my MINI and my supplying dealer. :( :(

Looking for a year to 2 year old facelift cooper with some toys and hopefully get back to enjoying my MINI ownership.. let's face it, it couldn't be any worse..

If anyone is interested in my car - the details are here... http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/285892.htm

The car is currently getting the sound of rushing water fixed and the diesel noise, so it will be fault free when I get it back.

Some of you will say...... "why is he getting rid when it is fixed". To be honest, sick of all the problems and not really enjoying the car. Also the payments for me are too much and in hindsight, I should never have taken it on. Also after driving the One Conv that I have been given as a courtesy car, I prefer the handling and styling more..

Sorry to hear about your R56 going up for sale.:( Obviously it's not been enough to put you of MINI altogether as you intend to buy another.

Looks like a great buy for someone with all the faults getting fixed saving a bob or two from new anyway.

I take your PX price was not good. Thought MINI retained their value maybe it's to new.

Onwards and upwards keeping the postives in mind you will end up with a car you enjoy more and that's what it is all about.
    Cooper Coupe...

I no the feeling Craig .

Car
    F56 JCW GP, R55 Clubvan
    sorry to hear about the car hopefully we will get u into another mini lol
    Racing Grey F56 JCW GP 0370 - Chilli Red Mirror Caps, Custom OHC Alcantara Steering Wheel, Motech Performance By PiperCross Panel Filter, Custom GP Steering Wheel Spoke, Custom GP Stitched Carbon Side Scuttles, JCW Pro Mats, RSI C6 Carbonfibre Scoop, JCW Pro Stitched Carbon Boot Handle

Ice Blue R55 Clubvan - JCW Shiftlight, JCW Carbon Fibe Handbrake, JCW Carbon Fibre Dash, JCW Steering Wheel, Recaro JCW Sportster CS, CoolerWorx ShortShifter, BC Racing Coilovers, JCW Brembo 4pots, HEL Braided Lines, JCW Front Bumper, MINI Challenge Splitter, White Rota Blitz

The Dogfather
    Sorry to hear this Craig, I would have hoped MINI would have sorted your problems before this. I thought about an R56 but decide against it after hearing about the trouble you were having.

Looks like an increasing number of loyal owners are deserting the new model in favour of the old or another brand. Maybe that's because the R56 is substandard or as in my case the customer experience your dealers are providing is crap.

Either way with new competition on the horizon (Audi A1,Fiat 500) the MINIs popularity might be on the way down.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    The part x was horrendous (or so I thought) a £5k drop in 4 months. or 25% of the value of the car so I am not sure where they get their figures from.:( It may be because it is so new, but your not telling me they would put the car on the forecourt at £17K, it will be more like £18 to £18.5K.

FergusM
    That is a shame.. I'm going to stick with mine, no way I'm loosing that amount of ££...and I still love mine even with the faults.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Sorry to hear this Craig, try JC's in Dundee for a part exchange, they may not always get the best press but they have always helped me out.

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Scotland View Post
    Sorry to hear this Craig, try JC's in Dundee for a part exchange, they may not always get the best press but they have always helped me out.

They paid top dollar for my GP so as he says its worth a call.