Borders Spring Run Recce

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    miniscot00
    For any of you that are particularly keen, there is to be a recce of the run on the 16th March by M Mo Mini and MSC1, however, as the saying goes, the more the merrier so if you do fancy tagging along and run the risk of getting seriously lost (following MMo Mini guarantees that this will happen) then add your name to the thread.:)

lightbody
    This is the same day and in the same area (approx.) as the Mini Clan's Hadrians Wall run. We've teemed up with a couple of English clubs and are going to do a run along the wall. We even get a mention in this month's Mini World! You could always try and run into us at some point? Its themed as a sort of Scotland meets England sort of thing...

miniscot00
    Sounds interesting....I'm not sure if we'll be that far south but it's worth investigating. Where will we find the details for the run?

Monsta Mo Mini
    There will be one change to the run already. The carpark at Ocean Terminal has now been fenced off to provide parking for the residents of the ludicrously expensive flats across the road. Anyone got any other suggestions for a good assembly spot?

Wul
    I might make the run on the 6th but will confirm a bit nearer the time.

As for alternative meeting place - why not meet in Dunedin MINI's car park?

Monsta Mo Mini
    Those coming on the recce (this is getting ridiculous!) so far

Monsta Mo Mini
    MSC1
    Bod
    Willie M (Maybe)

If a few have done the route than at least nobody'll get lost if we distribute those listed above throughout the pack.

Going down to Dunedin at lunchtime so I'll mention the run to whoever is the MINI sales person now that Mark has left. Does anyone know.... Wul? GAJ?

Wul
    quote:Originally posted by Monsta Mo Mini
    Going down to Dunedin at lunchtime so I'll mention the run to whoever is the MINI sales person now that Mark has left. Does anyone know.... Wul? GAJ?
    I don't know any of the sales staff i'm afraid - but when your down there see how their getting on with my coop - it's in at present for a new steering column, new window seals, new drivers door seal, investigate squeaking drivers seat (already had one new frame!), investigate sticking passenger seat when folded forward and CD changer not working. But hey - it's still an ace car! got the yellow ONE from them again, getting to know this car quite well now!:)

Monsta Mo Mini
    There's a lovely silk green cooper :dead: they've neen giving out aswell, Had it the other week when mine was in for it's service.
    Does it still look like a shanty town down there?

Wul

There's a lovely silk green cooper :dead: they've neen giving out aswell, Had it the other week when mine was in for it's service.
    Does it still look like a shanty town down there?
    No - they are back in from the cold now - looks much bigger now and they now have the Rolls Royce showroom (although don;t think it's open yet).

They were going to give me the SG cooper but when i phoned MINI Ins. they wanted to charge me £25 for the priviledge! No thanks - the hairdressermobile wil do me fine

BTW have a look when you are down there at the back area - i noticed something yesterday which scared me a wee bit. It looks like they have a roller brush car wash out the back (like the normal garage ones!) and i think it's this they use to clean the motors before collection! I saw them run a beemer through it! I really don;t like the idea of them washing my car like that! i'd rather they left it dirty!

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878

Those coming on the recce (this is getting ridiculous!) so far

Monsta Mo Mini
    MSC1
    Bod
    Willie M (Maybe)

If a few have done the route than at least nobody'll get lost if we distribute those listed above throughout the pack.

Just wondered,are you having a recce for the recce for the run or just a recce???????