Just fitted an Alta Induction Kit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Colint
    Was a bit worried when i first pulled the fitting instructions out the box but managed to fit it with no problems in about an hour.
    The only worry i had was that the inlet hose diameter was a fair bit bigger that the diameter of the the throttle body it connects too, gave the clip a few extra turns to make sure!
    The kit also comes with a brake booster silicone hose thingy, i assume i dont need this?? all the instructions are for a LHD mini so am i right in thinking its not needed for RHD?
    After going for a blast i noticed a lot better throttle response and a good bit extra oomph higher up the revs although it nows sounds like an electric car at high revs with all the squealing from the charger!!

Kit was very good quality and would recommend it to anybody.

Exhaust next!

Away for a run to glen coe today so will post some pics later on.
    Col.

vintageb3
    errr...I think you do?

Is this the V2 or V1?

mark

Colint
    you think i do need the brake booster pipe? If somebody has a pic of where this thing goes that would be handy!

Colint
    Didnt pick a very good day to go for a run!! Although I think Glen Coe looks even more immpresive with a bit of mist. The roads were seriously slippy,a golf driver found out how slippy right on front of me running into the back of a ford focus at the Glen orchy turn off! I nearly joined him I even had the handbrake on to bring the mini to a halt!

Col.

Aberdeen Al
    Looks like Buachaille Etive Mhor in the background !

Car
    Cooper
    Great pics, can you tell me what kind of camera were you using ?
    cheers Paul

vintageb3
    Using telepathetic means...I guess a Nikon D200

mark

Car
    Cooper
    Got myself a Nikpn D50, learning to use it but dont get much spare time, would love to take some pics like on your website, some fantastic pics, esp the bike pics
    cheers Paul

Colint
    Blueboy,
    Cameras a D200 with a Nikon 18-70 DX lens. Use a NIKON 70-200 VR for the track stuff.
    I started out with a D50, great starter camera i still have it and use it for emergencies! I needed something faster for Knockhill so bought the D200 but that might be getting replaced soon for a D300:)

Your alta wont stay that colour long :o

Great noise though arent they?