My Clubman views

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    My neighbour has a cooper D and he is averaging 60mpg. Not bad at all.
    Yes, excellent. What sort of driving is this with, mostly motorway?

Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    Yes, excellent. What sort of driving is this with, mostly motorway?
    I have a (pre stop-start) dooper :).

Average over 4000 miles is bordering on 63mpg.
    If I stick to motorways 80% or so of the time this rises to 68mpg.
    The last few days I've spent most of my time in short runs on city roads and spent roughly 40% of the time stuck in traffic jams. Still getting 58mpg though!

In strictly money terms if I put in £30 of diesel I get 450 or so miles of motoring. The obc shows 100mile range and the fuel gauge has just dropped to two bars.

Went to take a look at the Clubman today and liked it more than I expected. It seemed better proportioned than in its photos and the barn doors opened very smoothly on the gas struts. Clubdoor could be better (i.e. on passengers side!) but helps a little bit. Biggest disapointment was the boot not being as big as expected, but the false floor is handy.

If (when?) I buy another MINI then I think i'd go for the Clubman. On the other hand, might be tempted by the Fiat500 or an Alfa by then.

Resident old yin.
    Fantastic figures, Goldmini.

Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    Fantastic figures, Goldmini.
    I've always been very dubious about quoted mpg figures, but got to say that the dooper has proved excellent. From what I hear the petrol figures aren't too bad either :).

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmini View Post
    I've always been very dubious about quoted mpg figures, but got to say that the dooper has proved excellent. From what I hear the petrol figures aren't too bad either :).
    No, they are good but I think they are optimistic.

They quote ~60mpg for the petrol Cooper for extra-urban - I doubt that is achievable.

Iam averaging about the same a steady 60 mpg unless I travel on motorways and dual carriageways recent trip from dumfries to arbroath averaged 72mpg I had a massive grin by the end of the run.
    2011 Mini CooperS COUNTRYMAN with CHILLI PACK in ROYAL GREY , 1998 Mini COOPERSPORT in BRITISH RACING GREEN