6 disc changer and tape player in R53 S

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Finally persuaded one of my mates (and employee's) to join the MINI community. He's bought a 2004 Cooper S Hyper Blue with Chilli pack from Peter Vardy.

His new car has a Radio/Tape player with a 6 disc changer in the boot. He's wondering if it is possible to stick an aftermarket head unit in place of the tape player? Also, will his 6 disc changer in the boot have a standard output to an aftermarket head unit? or will it only plug into his MINI tape player head unit?

Can anyone help?

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    yes u can put after market stero in i have one in mine

no the 6 disk changer will not fit a after maket unit you may be able 2 get a converter i dont know but if he is putting in a unit that will play mp3 you do not need one

your pal will need a kit like this one 2 put it in

you can find them on e bay for about £15 bucks

hope this helps

stoney
    New sig coming soon

Car
    Cheers Stoney.

I think his idea is to put a head in that will take an input from his MP3 player, so you're right, he probably won't need his 6 disc.

I'll pass on the info.

Cheers,

A.

why not get him to ask mikethemini. That way you will know for sure what you can and can not do.
    Cooper Coupe...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Depends what type of functionality he wants for his MP3 player to decide which way to go for a head unit and also depends what type of MP3 player.

Kenwood have some very good kit that shows iD Tags etc, best to contact mikeythemini to confirm best route :)

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Scotland View Post
    Depends what type of functionality he wants for his MP3 player to decide which way to go for a head unit and also depends what type of MP3 player.

Kenwood have some very good kit that shows iD Tags etc, best to contact mikeythemini to confirm best route :)
    Cheers Alan & Fiona,

I'll give him Mikey's details.

I've been persuading him to register on here, but he doesn't have any Internet access at home . Need to get that sorted too.

A.