Electric Windaes

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Has anybody on here ever had any issues with there electric windows Our drivers side window will sometimes refuse to work either up or down:mad: It will still drop that wee bit when the door is opened but otherwise its dead Well its dead until you give the interior panel, just below the door handle, a damn good thump (dealer fix ) then it seems to work OK...until the next time anyway. Weird....its done it twice now:(
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    My drivers side window made a knocking sound when i wound it fully down... so i took off the doorcard to investigate and found a pair of longnosed pliers inside the door from when the central locking got fixed!!

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Mark R
    I've heard of someone having the motor that moves the window up replaced. They used the temporary fix you mentioned for a while till that stopped helping to get things going.

Mark R
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post
    My drivers side window made a knocking sound when i wound it fully down... so i took off the doorcard to investigate and found a pair of longnosed pliers inside the door from when the central locking got fixed!!
    When I got mine back once I had a socket rolling around between the rear seatbelt clips.

Maybe time for a "I found it in my MINI" thread.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
    I've heard of someone having the motor that moves the window up replaced. They used the temporary fix you mentioned for a while till that stopped helping to get things going.
    Ours is out of warranty so I'd have to fork out for the replacement motor:mad: I'm sure the guy at Menzies told me it would be over 200 quid to put right Something about having to buy another bit because when you took the window motor off it broke something else in the process so you had to buy it as well:mad: God knows how much the total would be if I got then to fit it as well
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

jamiec
    Had this on my old cooper s. Got replaced under good will. Had to pay labour of 60 quid or something.

bigcoyote
    I had both my window motors replaced at least 3 times under warranty -- But , here in the USA there is a 2 year warranty on all parts replaced by a MINI dealer - even if the car is out of warranty - the part is warrantied for 2 years from date of installation.
    I don't know if that is the same in the UK or not??? might be worth looking into.

Coop
    My window sometimes doesn't work and I have to belt the door a couple of times. I can hear a click when I press the button so maybe a solenoid?